The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Biology B1 12 May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HarryKane28
92%

Oh no! I must have dont it the wrong way round, i put 8%
Reply 41
I was really expecting to see a 6 mark on the nitrogen or carbon cycle! So glad it didnt come up!!!
Original post by Katiiie_louise
Oh no! I must have dont it the wrong way round, i put 8%

I know about 100 people who made the same mistake :P But yeah you could still get a mark for workings
Original post by Chakara
I was really expecting to see a 6 mark on the nitrogen or carbon cycle! So glad it didnt come up!!!

Same! I was dreading that the nitrogen cycle would come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! My teacher told us that there is a high chance it will come up. When I saw the 6 markers, I literally smiled XD.
Giant tube worms and chemosynthetic bacteria.
Oxpecker and herbivore.
Legume plants and nitrogen fixing bacteria
this test was amazing!!! thank you edexcel!!! lets just hope the grade boundaries arn't really high.. how did you guys find it?
Original post by yukicookie
Me too! My teacher told us that there is a high chance it will come up. When I saw the 6 markers, I literally smiled XD.

yes same!!!
Reply 48

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was up till 1am revising that, waste of time now looool
Original post by Chakara

me too! thank goodness it didnt! although i did spend all last night revising it
The blood glucose 6 mark question was awesome :')
I Probably lost 4/5 Marks Maximum :

2 Mark- CF
1 Mark- Writing 50% instead of 75%
1/2 Marks just incase something went wrong

What about you guys! I hope 55 is an A* or 54

It is definitely 75%. When you draw the punnet square/ fill in the punnet square, you should have got HH, Hh, Hh and hh. Hh Hh both have the disease. Then, HH is also the disease which most people failed to realize.

I'm pretty sure you can also say 3/4 or other forms representing 75% e.g. ratio
Does anyone know the correct answer to the energy loss question? Was is 92% or 8%?
I guess it was pretty easy but my favourite subjects weren't there like evolution and natural selection. Tbh most of the subjects I didn't really revise came up, like mutualism. I wrote abou the oxpecker, smaller fish and nitrogen-fixing bacteria but i didnt say oxpecker and herbivore so I don't know if I'm getting a mark for that :/ also what was the answer to the question about the amount of energy lost between the oak tree and caterpillar? i wrote 80% but most of my friends wrote 92%
Original post by devkulasooriya
Does anyone know the correct answer to the energy loss question? Was is 92% or 8%?

pretty sure it's 92%
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for this? x
For the first 6 mark question, did you have to write about 3 different pairs, or benefits of any 3 organisms from mutualism?
Original post by samirsheth
What was the answer to the cystic fibrosis infertility question?

LOVED that paper... 6 mark-ers were so nice! Only stumped by the cystic fibrosis infertility question... Bit worried the other papers are going to be horrible to make up for that!
Original post by yukicookie
For the first 6 mark question, did you have to write about 3 different pairs, or benefits of any 3 organisms from mutualism?

I think it meant 3 different pairs

Quick Reply

Latest