The Student Room Group

has a question on loneliness and isolation came up for of mice and men yet ?

Scroll to see replies

Also, don't use phrases such as "Mr. Birling is a capitalist", rather than that say something like "Priestley portrays the views of capitalists through Mr. Birling"
What I mean is, don't write about the characters as actual people, remember that they're characters in a play, not real people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tommy1499
oh yeah cheers, all these A* responses that have full marks use suck advanced vocabulary it's insane. although I don't know about you but I need to know how these people manage to write like 6 pages for an inspector calls whilst I can hardly squeeze 3 and a half

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahahah I feel you, but tbh quality is always better than quantity so in my opinion, I'd rather write a few well-thought strong arguments rather than writing too many and blabbering on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tommy1499
oh yeah cheers, all these A* responses that have full marks use suck advanced vocabulary it's insane. although I don't know about you but I need to know how these people manage to write like 6 pages for an inspector calls whilst I can hardly squeeze 3 and a half

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't even get 3.5 *cries*
Original post by Strangerdanger
Use strong vocab, teachers always suggest u plan ur response before starting to write it but i hate doing that so it really depends on you. Remember to use PEE (point, evidence, explanation) and maybe even expansion if you can.
Remember to add your own point of view but try not to use personal pronouns such as "i think"

I'm doing Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls as well. Can someone produce a clear structured way of answering the questions to be able to get A - A*, as I have no idea? E.g. Intro, 5 pee etc. (but in more detail if possible)

Thanks
Reply 24
so how's everyone's revision going for OMAM and An inspector calls.i don't know about you guys but I'm set on Mr BIRLING and Curley now. it's just gonna be a long and boring repetition of revision on them two this weekend and maybe a back up plan for each like Carlson and then a theme

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou!! Been looking for these everywhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending