The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I heard yesterday and got rejected, it was a long shot anyway because my grades aren't particularly Cambridge worthy AND i'm resitting some A levels, you should find out before Saturday at the latest otherwise phone thembut anyway surely no news is good news?
Reply 2
I got my letter from Girton yesterday - it may depend on the college as to how quick it is...
Reply 3
Unfortunately no new was bad news.... i got the letter about 3 hours after posting this morning! At least it was only my second choice, but my first is RVC and i haven't even heard from them yet! I'm "in the second batch".
Reply 4
biofly21 have u had an email conferming that the RVC have ur application? I havent......but aka_chloe has OH NOOOOO
Reply 5
nikki i have heard absolutely nothing from the RVC either :s-smilie: starting to get a bit worried now lol
Reply 6
Dont worry guys, they do interviews in two batches as there are too many applicants to do at once. The second batch is no better/worse than the first batch, its just simply a matter of where your application ended up in the pile of applications on some admin persons desk. Apparently they dont start interviewing again until late jan/feb so ull probably start to hear towards the middle of jan and into feb. I know its frustrating but try not to worry, you wont hear anything until they start interviewing again so theres nothing you need to worry about.
thanks for the advice tinytiger! I am in the sam situation as nikki and Hailz88 and probably lot of other people as well! btw how many other people have received an interview letter from Liverpool? since being rejected from cam i only have 3 chances left.
Reply 8
I havnt heard anything yet but then again I didnt get my stage 2 letter beack till 20th December. Fingers crossed!!!
Reply 9
Don't worry about London, I emailed them not the other way round just to check they'd received my application because I sent it in relatively late, I'm in exactly the same position as you, I'm down to 3 choices now but I'm still positive, like so many people have said before it only takes one offer and when you consider how many people apply to all these universities and that you got interviews in the first place it's certainly not time to start worrying yet :smile:
aka chloe u have taken the panic off momentarily! i had never thought of the fact that you only need one offer, i have heard of people getting 3 (!) and worrying becuase i haven't got any yet!
Reply 11
Hmm.. Just got my letter today, I sort of guessed it would be a rejection by the size of the envelop. It's a pity though, I would've love to study there. Though I know my interview performance wasn't all too good, and so were my BMAT results I am still going e-mail them for some feedback. I don't think clearing is theoretically possible, so I it's probably good bye Cambridge!
I think I've been rejected by Nottingham as well, as I haven't received anything yet. And as others already heard from Edinburgh I think the RVC is my last hope. Congrats to the ones with offers BTW!
Reply 12
tiny_tiger
I havnt heard anything yet but then again I didnt get my stage 2 letter beack till 20th December. Fingers crossed!!!

i haven't even had a stage two letter from liverpool :s-smilie: do you reckon this could be because i sent them references from my work experience? anyone else heard ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from anywhere??
Reply 13
Hailz88, what were your GCSEs/predicted A2 grades? Assuming you are an undergrad applicant. Stage 1 was the academic stage where they filter out purely on grades.
My letter said something like "we have assessed your academic abilities are sufficient for entry for the D100 course and would like you to complete a questionnaire as part of stage 2."
The deadline for that was December 22nd so I reccomend you phone them up and see what the situation is. Good luck!!!
Reply 14
This is in response to a post which someone put about the RVC interviews

Email

Hi,

I’ve just checked your student number and you are on our system and your application is being processed at the moment. We expect to notify people who are to be invited for interview within the next 7-10 days. Interviews will take place from the middle of February. If your application is unfortunately turned down then you will hear directly from UCAS.

Best wishes,

Paul Norcross

Margaret Kilyon
Head of Admissions
The Royal Veterinary College
Royal College Street
London
NW1 0TU

Telephone +44 (0)20 7468 5146

Sent: 05 January 2007 11:14
To: enquiries
Subject: Application as Undergraduate

This is regarding the application of 07-0164150 for entry into 2007.

I was wondering if you can elbaorate for me if I have recieved an interview? Or has my application been turned down?
Reply 15
Nice 1 emuron! wel have news in a week or so then :smile: hopefully of the good kind! Let me know if they tell you if your getting interviewed will ya?! I may email them myself if they do so that i can know sooner rather than later :p:
Reply 16
Yeti-Boy

I think I've been rejected by Nottingham as well, as I haven't received anything yet. And as others already heard from Edinburgh I think the RVC is my last hope. Congrats to the ones with offers BTW!

Don't rule Edinburgh out yet Yeti-Boy.
My brother didn't get his interview for Edinburgh until March and didn't get an offer until April.:smile:
Reply 17
Echolife
Don't rule Edinburgh out yet Yeti-Boy.
My brother didn't get his interview for Edinburgh until March and didn't get an offer until April.:smile:

Hey Echolife, welcome on TSR.
Thanks for posting that! Would be pretty cool to end up there, especially since they're constructing this new building...
There aren't too many Glasgow applicants around here are there?
Reply 18
tiny_tiger
Hailz88, what were your GCSEs/predicted A2 grades? Assuming you are an undergrad applicant. Stage 1 was the academic stage where they filter out purely on grades.
My letter said something like "we have assessed your academic abilities are sufficient for entry for the D100 course and would like you to complete a questionnaire as part of stage 2."
The deadline for that was December 22nd so I reccomend you phone them up and see what the situation is. Good luck!!!

GCSE's 7 A*s, 4 A's and a B
Predicted A Levels AAA (and i already have a C in gen studs hehe)

im a resit candidate, had an offer with liverpool last year, and missed my grades in the final exams :frown: so im trying again!

maybe i will ring them!
Reply 19
Yeh you should, with those grades I dont see how they could not let you through to stage 2!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending