The Student Room Group

Cambridge University

I'm thinking of apply to Cambridge but I am unsure on whether I should go through with it because of the things I have heard about people developing mental health problems and eating disorders. Would anyone be able to give me an honest review about this? Does this stress get better? Does it continue for the whole of your degree or is it only a problem at the start? If you are on top of your work and are okay with the workload, will you be fine and not develop these problems? I would greatly appreciate any responses!!!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm thinking of apply to Cambridge but I am unsure on whether I should go through with it because of the things I have heard about people developing mental health problems and eating disorders. Would anyone be able to give me an honest review about this? Does this stress get better? Does it continue for the whole of your degree or is it only a problem at the start? If you are on top of your work and are okay with the workload, will you be fine and not develop these problems? I would greatly appreciate any responses!!!

There's nothing unique about the Cambridge experience in regard to mental health. There's no saying the people that develop issues wouldn't have done so wherever they went. The numbers are a modern phenomenon, and it's not mandatory!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending