The Student Room Group

ICT AQA - AS Info 1 & 2 - 2015 *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellieacraig
QR codes were in there because of e-commerce and being similar to bar code readers

Do you think anything on datamatrix codes, ezcodes or aztec codes could come up?
Reply 41
does anyone have any tips for the section B coursework questions? i feel like these are the hardest questions on the paper :P
Reply 42
does anyone have a database system for their coursework?
Original post by dpat7

I have a done a spreadsheet
Original post by dpat7

Used Microsoft Access so yes database ie database management software hehe :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by BorussiaDortmund
I don't know if this is right but I think these are examples of storage media:
floppy disks, hard disks, magnetic tape

examples of storage devices:

Hard disk drive

In summary a storage device is the computer hardware and records and retirves to and from the storage medium. The storage medium/media is the physical material where items are kept.

I don't know if you need to know this but when storage devices transfer items from a storage medium to the memory, a process called "reading takes place" (FUNCTION AS SOURCES INPUT) whereas when they transfer items from the memory the medium the process is called writing.(OUTPUT)

Input devices: Mouse, trackpad, microphone, scanner etc

Input media: I think this is basically the software like bootable CD/DVD

Alright thanks
Has anyone done anything for info 2 yet? I've done nothing haha
Original post by BorussiaDortmund
Do you think anything on datamatrix codes, ezcodes or aztec codes could come up?

I doubt it, though it is good to know the difference between QR codes and Datamatrix codes.
It is good to have a very basic knowledge on the other two incase a question comes up where you can pop your knowledge into it, however i doubt a question will come up soley on this.
Original post by info1
does anyone have any tips for the section B coursework questions? i feel like these are the hardest questions on the paper :P

With section B questions, you honestly have to be so simple and as though you're talking to someone who knows nothing. For example, if a question asks: How did you test your outputs, you need to state what your outputs are. Its best to look at mark schemes. When seeing what you can be awarded points for it looks so simple, but because its so simple people often forget to write them.
For example:

"Explain your test plan"
My test plan was arranged chronologically in order with test numbers (1) this was to ensure I carried out thetesting methodically. (1) One output i tested was the website (1) In order to test the accuracy of the output I showed it to my client for checking (1). For most tests Iincluded the expected result (1) which I checked the actual resultagainst. (1)
Reply 50
I'm using the Folens Essential AQA ICT and the AQA AS textbook to revise but are there any websites that have good revision material that is related to the spec?
Original post by tofaeal
I'm using the Folens Essential AQA ICT and the AQA AS textbook to revise but are there any websites that have good revision material that is related to the spec?

Teach ICT and the link i posted above
For example:

"Explain your test plan"
My test plan was arranged chronologically in order with test numbers (1) this was to ensure I carried out thetesting methodically. (1) One output i tested was the website (1) In order to test the accuracy of the output I showed it to my client for checking (1). For most tests Iincluded the expected result (1) which I checked the actual resultagainst. (1)

I wrote this for my exam last year in those exact words and I only got 4 out of 6. I don't know what happened.
Reply 53
Teach ICT and the link i posted above

Thanks! :smile:
Out of curiosity, what have people made for prep-work?
I made a simple online shop, I see a couple of databases and spreadsheets

Might have overcomplicated it, I'm doing AS & A2 this year so have done an A2 project too
Original post by Quinny898

Might have overcomplicated it, I'm doing AS & A2 this year so have done an A2 project too

I've done a simple spreadsheet project. My teacher said the client for this one doesn't have to be real like the client for a2 does I'm in a2 as well but the pre-work for as doesn't seem a lot.

The AS one is meant to be simple and you only need to prove it with screenshots and stuff. Im in A2 as well but i did my A2 project with my AS last year got full overall for that. The A2 is the real deal you probably already know whats needed anyway in terms of going in-dept.
Original post by ThatGuyRik
The AS one is meant to be simple and you only need to prove it with screenshots and stuff. Im in A2 as well but i did my A2 project with my AS last year got full overall for that. The A2 is the real deal you probably already know whats needed anyway in terms of going in-dept.

Yeah, in depth turned into a large project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1J0T7EZHI8 (This was after submission, I added more to actually release it in the summer, and then used screenshots as "future features" :colondollar:)
Yeah, in depth turned into a large project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1J0T7EZHI8 (This was after submission, I added more to actually release it in the summer, and then used screenshots as "future features" :colondollar:)

LOOOL holy ****. That is way better than mine. All mine was, was another database with reports, forms etc. I wrote a load of *******s for the type up and got me full anyway.
Original post by ThatGuyRik
LOOOL holy ****. That is way better than mine. All mine was, was another database with reports, forms etc. I wrote a load of *******s for the type up and got me full anyway.

You would not believe the amount of bull in the report though. I'm a developer, I don't document my stuff like that, I hardly even comment (when I should)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending