The Student Room Group

M1 collision

How do you determine whether the particle changes its direction or not after collision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by RK1998
How do you determine whether the particle changes its direction or not after collision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Assuming we are talking about collisions in one-dimensional space. You set a positive direction for the whole system. If the velocity of the particle changed sign after collision (either from positive to negative or from negative to positive) then the particle changed its direction.
Reply 2
Original post by NDVA
Assuming we are talking about collisions in one-dimensional space. You set a positive direction for the whole system. If the velocity of the particle changed sign after collision (either from positive to negative or from negative to positive) then the particle changed its direction.

Oh thank you! :smile:
Also, do we need to give the reason as well? I haven't seen it in past papers but just making sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by RK1998
Oh thank you! :smile:
Also, do we need to give the reason as well? I haven't seen it in past papers but just making sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

A short explanation will be enough I think.
i clicked it on thinking there had been some dreadful Bank Holiday pile-up :colondollar:
Original post by the bear
i clicked it on thinking there had been some dreadful Bank Holiday pile-up :colondollar:

same here :getmecoat:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending