The Student Room Group

Clubbing advice

I've recently started going out to clubs, I have a couple of questions - how can you tell if someone is interested in you? If the opposite sex keep looking at me, is that a good thing? I'm not the most confident person in the world, I can't approach them, would you keep making eye contact with less attractive people?

I'm a guy if that makes any difference.

Scroll to see replies

no confidence = no clubbing. do whatever you're more confident at
Just go for it. You'll get mostly rejections, but only need one taker in any given night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
staring wont do any good.. go approach that person! You gotta be confident otherwise you'll keep watching the guy you stare at go home with another girl.
Reply 4
get few drinks, go over and flirt with them and make your intentions clear, sometimes help if you have a wingman as well
I wouldn't suggest approaching a girl on your own, get a buddy and hit on 2 girl friends works better.
Also don't go for girls in big cliques the odds of her giving you attention are extremely low
Original post by Anonymous
I've recently started going out to clubs, I have a couple of questions - how can you tell if someone is interested in you? If the opposite sex keep looking at me, is that a good thing? I'm not the most confident person in the world, I can't approach them, would you keep making eye contact with less attractive people?

If you don't approach, you won't really get anywhere as a guy. Women tend to get approached more than enough, so they don't usually bother approaching men.
It is extremely difficult to "Pull" on the Dance Floor, you've got to be exceptionally attractive or an exceptional dancer to get people looking at you and appreciating how good you are. Girls then may dance with you, after which you may want to invite them away from the Dance Floor to talk or something.

Another option, mainly adapted by myself is take up part time smoking, just for nights out, get a cheap packet of smokes and go out in the area, people will be drunk already and it is extremely easy to just go up to a girl, ask for a light or a smoke and make up a conversation. IF they like you, maybe they'll ask if you're going back into the club and may dance with them. (Note - People go outside to just get air too, not everyone smokes but it is a perfect excuse)

A rare one, but my biggest success. Got talking to a girl in the queue outside the club and we kind of stuck with them. Not long after we were making out on the dance floor.

HOWEVER from personal experience of a very average guy. 9/10 times you'll go out, maybe get a conversation going and may get a number, but won't lead anywhere, DON'T let it get you down and depressed. Women are brutal. I know few people who pull on nights out on average.
Original post by Shellshocker93
It is extremely difficult to "Pull" on the Dance Floor, you've got to be exceptionally attractive or an exceptional dancer to get people looking at you and appreciating how good you are. Girls then may dance with you, after which you may want to invite them away from the Dance Floor to talk or something.

Another option, mainly adapted by myself is take up part time smoking, just for nights out, get a cheap packet of smokes and go out in the area, people will be drunk already and it is extremely easy to just go up to a girl, ask for a light or a smoke and make up a conversation. IF they like you, maybe they'll ask if you're going back into the club and may dance with them. (Note - People go outside to just get air too, not everyone smokes but it is a perfect excuse)

A rare one, but my biggest success. Got talking to a girl in the queue outside the club and we kind of stuck with them. Not long after we were making out on the dance floor.

HOWEVER from personal experience of a very average guy. 9/10 times you'll go out, maybe get a conversation going and may get a number, but won't lead anywhere, DON'T let it get you down and depressed. Women are brutal. I know few people who pull on nights out on average.

Sex with random people isn't worth what that's going to do to you.

Anyway; personally I club with friends to dance and have a good time.
If you want just sex, go hit up some of the more sexual Tumbler pages or something. Trust me, there are girls of all ages dying to have sex about.
Reply 9
Original post by Joshale
get few drinks, go over and flirt with them and make your intentions clear, sometimes help if you have a wingman as well

how to get put on sex offender's register- 4 easy steps
Original post by Shellshocker93

I pulled on the dancefloor fairly often at uni, and I'm definitely neither of these! My best tactic was to go on the dance floor when a song I liked came on (indie club), and sing my heart out, while looking out for a girl doing the same (probably equally drunk), then go over to her, share an impassioned singalong of the song with air mike, then go for the pull. Pulled a stunner to Charming Man once. You've got to stand out, but there's always different ways to do that. You might not be the hot guy or the smooth dancing guy, but you can be the most fun guy.

I did the same, didn't bother smoking though (always hated it), just went to talk, I get hot very quickly so I actually need to go out for air anyway. Definitely the best pulling rate, just have a little chat, a bit of a flirt, nothing major, but it sets you apart from the other random guys crowding her on the dancefloor, you have that pre existing connection.

Agree with that as well, a bar before is good too. For some reason, even if you haven't had that great of a chat, the whole "hey, it's you guys from earlier!" thing seems to go a long way.

A good rule I've always found is don't go out to pull, go out to have fun with your mates, and then try and pull as a bonus. If you don't enjoy clubbing generally, don't just go for the pull, it'll just be frustrating. Plus, I often found that when I was having a good time, dancing and that, I'd find I naturally did better with women.
Original post by Kozlov
how to get put on sex offender's register- 4 easy steps

you've clearly never been to a club before or some insecure beta boy.
just cause you hide in the corner of the room too scared to talk and flirt with girls, don't mean you'll be put on sex offenders list mate
Reply 12

So far I have seen **** advice. If I may say so.

First you will need to have a group of friends to go with, big group small group, no difference. Mix of boys and girls or even just girls if you can! They don't have to be your best buddies, just friends.

Now you have a group that is more approachable when you are dancing in the club, as opposed to having an all boy group which is understandably more difficult for a girl. Dance, and dance well, this is important.

Eye contact is good, don't become an eagle though.
If you're doing your **** right it mostly happens that girls will come to dance with you and not so much the other way around!

Naturally, with your now approachable group, you will feel the right moments to dance with a girl, to talk to a girl, and the rest of it.

Uni bars are a good start if you're there.

Go out to have fun, it should come more or less naturally.

good luck
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13

I'll tell you how to pull girls consistently in nightclubs. You need to be very Direct and to the point about your intentions, and you need a lot of confidence.

First of all, DON'T do the same old stuff that every other guy does - DON'T buy a girl a drink, don't try to 'grind her on the dance floor', don't try and make boring small talk, etc, don't be a 'typical lad', etc. Also, you've got to be practical - the music in clubs is really loud so you're not going to be able to talk much anyway, so that's where being Direct and to the point is helpful.

Also, when you're in a club you're not looking to find a serious girlfriend, you're looking for someone to take home for sex that night.

Here's what works. When you approach a girl, be as Direct and to the point as possible. Start the conversation off by letting her know you think she's attractive/hot/sexy (or whatever adjective you choose), give her a compliment about her outfit and/or the way she's done her hair and makeup etc. Girls spend ages getting ready before a night out, and they want to be noticed for all their effort. You can also introduce yourself to them at this point if you want.

After that, get right to the point, look her right in the eye and confidently say something like 'Listen, I'm looking for a girl to take home with me for some no strings casual sex, are you interested?' or 'Do you want to come back to my place for some no strings casual sex?'.

A lot of girls will pretend not to be interested, after which say something like 'Ok, if you change your mind, come and find me later on'.

Then leave her alone and approach lots of other girls in the same way. Just keep approaching until you get someone who takes you up on your offer. If you get to the end of the night and all you've had is 'rejections', what I've found that usually happens is that you'll bump into one or more of the girls you've approached previously in the night, and by that time they'll have been pondering over what you said with your approach, and you'll be able to hook up with one of them. You should at least be able to get a make out. You then get out of there, get in a taxi and take the girl back to your place or her place.

If a girl seems interested in you at this point, but doesn't want to go home with you that night, exchange numbers, or give her your number, and tell her to call you when she's free.

This works, but it does take balls to do. Good luck. Also don't be afraid to go to a club by yourself. If you want to pull, you need to be focused, so going 'out with the lads' is going to be a distraction anyway. Nobody will notice or care that you're out alone, especially if you're approaching girls. Any time I've pulled in clubs I've usually gone out alone.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kozlov
lool beta male, stop putting pussy on a pedestal it's just a crevice lad. Not about people like you bowing down to girls lmao and what's to be scared of? I'll talk to them but not if I don't know them before hand as that's a sign of desperation. Lol i'm secure, i believe i am superior and have more to offer as im richer and smarter

sign of desperation? LMFAO
clubbing is mainly to pull, and more to offer? smarter no-one cares, and money unless you have £150k+ salary with a Lamborghini
Reply 15
Original post by Joshale
sign of desperation? LMFAO
clubbing is mainly to pull, and more to offer? smarter no-one cares, and money unless you have £150k+ salary with a Lamborghini

lol, right so someone on average salary (£20,000ish) demands the same level of respect as someone on say £70/80 k a year? No the higher earner has more to offer, and would therefore be seen as being weaker approaching a significantly less able-minded individual merely for her looks- which being single-minded (thinking only the women's looks make her more special) is also a reductionist mind set which simpler people have.
Original post by Kozlov
lol, right so someone on average salary (£20,000ish) demands the same level of respect as someone on say £70/80 k a year? No the higher earner has more to offer, and would therefore be seen as being weaker approaching a significantly less able-minded individual merely for her looks- which being single-minded (thinking only the women's looks make her more special) is also a reductionist mind set which simpler people have.

as I said before, you're probably a butthurt male who's tried clubbing once and got rejected so you cried in the corner, thus thinking any guy who pulls a woman in a club is 'desperate'
Reply 17
Original post by Joshale
as I said before, you're probably a butthurt male who's tried clubbing once and got rejected so you cried in the corner, thus thinking any guy who pulls a woman in a club is 'desperate'

hahaha i've never been you think I'd want to get sweaty in a disgusting room with neanderthals like yourself. I'd also never approach as I previously stated, goes against my superior mindset code. Perhaps if I were an individual with no self value such as yourself, I may beg women to look at me- but they do without me needing to do anything anyway.
Original post by Kozlov
hahaha i've never been you think I'd want to get sweaty in a disgusting room with neanderthals like yourself. I'd also never approach as I previously stated, goes against my superior mindset code. Perhaps if I were an individual with no self value such as yourself, I may beg women to look at me- but they do without me needing to do anything anyway.

why would a good looking 9/10+ approach you, when men would approach her? and you're in-superior, for one you're probably skinny and ugly, making you beta already.
Original post by WhisperingTide
Sex with random people isn't worth what that's going to do to you.

Anyway; personally I club with friends to dance and have a good time.
If you want just sex, go hit up some of the more sexual Tumbler pages or something. Trust me, there are girls of all ages dying to have sex about.

OP was asking about the topic of getting females attention and knowing if they are interested. I just gave my upload on it. I've given up trying to pull anybody. I'm the sort of guy you've got to know for a little while and spend some time with before you appreciate me. 5 minutes in a club does nothing for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending