The Student Room Group

Going into second year ama

I would have liked to have had someone to ask all my Questions about uni to so here I am for you new first years to ask me about the uni life!!

AMA
How important has the social experience been to you, and how have you made friends? Do you feel you've made any close/lasting friends? Thanks so much!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
How important has the social experience been to you, and how have you made friends? Do you feel you've made any close/lasting friends? Thanks so much!

Honestly I commute so the social experience has been very different for me, also because of religion I don’t do the normal drinking and clubbing etc. but regardless I have made some friends from societies and course mates I wouldn’t say their close though but we chat here and there
Reply 3

I did go in expecting to meet lots of people but that just didn’t happen :frown:
I would have liked to have had someone to ask all my Questions about uni to so here I am for you new first years to ask me about the uni life!!

AMA

Hey Anon! I'd love to know if there's any top tips you'd give to first year students? If you could go back in time and give yourself any advice what would you say?

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Honestly I commute so the social experience has been very different for me, also because of religion I don’t do the normal drinking and clubbing etc. but regardless I have made some friends from societies and course mates I wouldn’t say their close though but we chat here and there

Sorry it didn't work out for you. :frown: I'm not interested in drinking or clubbing either, although not for religious reasons. Do you think that impedes social life?
Reply 6
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hey Anon! I'd love to know if there's any top tips you'd give to first year students? If you could go back in time and give yourself any advice what would you say?

Yes!

- Learn to love your own company
- Do not leave things till the last minute
- Do not change yourself to fit in
- Always go with your gut instinct
- MAKE USE OF THE FACILITIES
Reply 7
Sorry it didn't work out for you. :frown: I'm not interested in drinking or clubbing either, although not for religious reasons. Do you think that impedes social life?

No, I personally dont think so because you meet people everywhere and anywhere, societies are also there to meet people. Clubbing isn’t the only place for that.
Plus there will definitely be people like yourself
Yes!

- Learn to love your own company
- Do not leave things till the last minute
- Do not change yourself to fit in
- Always go with your gut instinct
- MAKE USE OF THE FACILITIES

Love that!! Especially "don't leave things until the last minute" :yep: All brilliant pieces of advice :five: Good luck with your second year!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending