The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Level French 6FR04 15 June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Ugh... if Edexcel does feel like transferring questions from other languages.. maybe we might have to discuss about the ending or beginning of a novel? Has there been a question about the evolution of a character? Or relationships of characters? Maybe we might get a character question this year. But is 5 years enough to bring back le milieu social. :s-smilie:

Yeah I think a evolution of a main character or relationship between 2 characters could come up because that hasn't come up yet! I'm not sure they transfer the questions between the languages in the same year but could be possible! Milieu social could I guess come back up but maybe they will link it somehow so like how does the context influence the story/characters? Or maybe something to do with the message of the book/film?
Reply 81
Original post by liz0123
Ugh... if Edexcel does feel like transferring questions from other languages.. maybe we might have to discuss about the ending or beginning of a novel? Has there been a question about the evolution of a character? Or relationships of characters? Maybe we might get a character question this year. But is 5 years enough to bring back le milieu social. :s-smilie:

Yeah I think a evolution of a main character or relationship between 2 characters could come up because that hasn't come up yet! I'm not sure they transfer the questions between the languages in the same year but could be possible! Milieu social could I guess come back up but maybe they will link it somehow so like how does the context influence the story/characters? Or maybe something to do with the message of the book/film?

BTW relationship between two characters has been on this year in Russian! But as they haven't taken any questions from other languages before, I don't think you can get it.
Reply 82
BTW relationship between two characters has been on this year in Russian! But as they haven't taken any questions from other languages before, I don't think you can get it.

Okay thank you for letting me know! Maybe still the development of a character or how they change in the book/film?
Original post by RGJ
oh no. I'm doing the French Occupation.How would you relate Petain's signficance to nowadays? Or de Gaulle's?

For De Gaulle I'd talk about his determination to fight against the german's and proabably condlude it with; for this reason the the french will always be grateful for De Gaulle's motivation etc, and the french see him as the hero of ww2, as without De Gaulle, France would've lost all of it's culture etc
(something along those lines)
but im not really sure if that answers the title :/
Original post by Valemmy

Thanks for the info! and Yeah, looking at the questions and past papers, Edexcel never uses a same question from another in the same year. So if we play the cards right..

we definitely could get something about evolution of a character, discuss the beginning, discuss the ending, discuss the development of the plot?

although, my teacher said they will never ask you to do a summary of the work nor ask about the life of author or director. maybe they might recycle a question from a different language from like 2-3 years ago.

but i think they wont ask the same question which have been asked 5 years ago for this year and they will definitely ask something rather different.
Reply 85
Original post by liz0123

Okay thank you for letting me know! Maybe still the development of a character or how they change in the book/film?

Probably, I don't really know, as I'm doing historical period:/
Reply 86
Original post by carloseanopry
Thanks for the info! and Yeah, looking at the questions and past papers, Edexcel never uses a same question from another in the same year. So if we play the cards right..

we definitely could get something about evolution of a character, discuss the beginning, discuss the ending, discuss the development of the plot?

although, my teacher said they will never ask you to do a summary of the work nor ask about the life of author or director. maybe they might recycle a question from a different language from like 2-3 years ago.

but i think they wont ask the same question which have been asked 5 years ago for this year and they will definitely ask something rather different.

Yeah I think that evolution of a character could definitely come up, maybe something on the message as well?
Reply 87
Original post by Valemmy

Okay fair enough, thank you for your help!
Reply 88
Original post by liz0123

Okay fair enough, thank you for your help!

What do you think will be the history question? Can it be on le milieu social?
Original post by liz0123
Yeah I think that evolution of a character could definitely come up, maybe something on the message as well?

Yeah, then I guess I should start writing an essay plan discussing the message haha.

Do you think they will ask like the opinions of the author, like what message you think they want to convey? Have they ever asked a question like in relation to the author? I'm actually quite worried about that since we never really talked about the author, we just know she's French-Algerian and could probably be writing from experience but thats just it.
Reply 90
Yeah, then I guess I should start writing an essay plan discussing the message haha.

Do you think they will ask like the opinions of the author, like what message you think they want to convey? Have they ever asked a question like in relation to the author? I'm actually quite worried about that since we never really talked about the author, we just know she's French-Algerian and could probably be writing from experience but thats just it.

haha yeah, just an idea! Um I don't think they can really base the whole question on the author but maybe they will say something like "describe the main message of the book/film, how has the author/director been able to convey the message? Maybe something like that, I don't think you really need to know about the author itself, just about their intentions for the book/film I think!
Original post by liz0123
haha yeah, just an idea! Um I don't think they can really base the whole question on the author but maybe they will say something like "describe the main message of the book/film, how has the author/director been able to convey the message? Maybe something like that, I don't think you really need to know about the author itself, just about their intentions for the book/film I think!

Yeah, you're most probably right. :smile:

How are you revising for the 2nd essay by the way? Are you doing discursive or creative? And for the translation, i know there is really no way to predict the passage for that haha
Reply 92
Yeah, you're most probably right. :smile:

How are you revising for the 2nd essay by the way? Are you doing discursive or creative? And for the translation, i know there is really no way to predict the passage for that haha

I think if it was a question like that, how did the director/author convey the message you could talk about the effects they used and the characters to express the message which isn't too bad as its quite a broad question!

I'm doing discursive, wbu? Atm I'm just reading through my past essays, learning some good essay phrases and that's about it really! For the translation I've done all the past paper ones and have learnt like the main bits of vocab/phrases I've got wrong because they seem to repeat themselves quite a lot! Wbu?
Reply 93
Original post by RGJ
Thank you!!
Could I also mention the armistice creating a lot of anger amongst the french and they feel betrayed. and the sto leading to lots of women working and it is significant now as a lot more women work nowadays. and the change of the motto? Could i mention all of this?

I think so, but it depends on the question. I don't think you could mention all of that in the essay since you would need to talk about something specific. But all of them are pretty good points.

Except I'm not sure if the armistice created a lot of anger, since at the time they thought they avoided the worst.
Original post by liz0123
I think if it was a question like that, how did the director/author convey the message you could talk about the effects they used and the characters to express the message which isn't too bad as its quite a broad question!

I'm doing discursive, wbu? Atm I'm just reading through my past essays, learning some good essay phrases and that's about it really! For the translation I've done all the past paper ones and have learnt like the main bits of vocab/phrases I've got wrong because they seem to repeat themselves quite a lot! Wbu?

Yeah, i think I would try to embed it through talking about development of character, social setting, and a main theme and make sure each paragraph discusses the message the author tries to convey. it's actually not a bad question i guess since we just can literally use what we wrote for other questions and phrase it such a way it can still apply to the question.

And i'm also doing discursive! Yeah, i just made an essay structural plan for the discursive. And check past essays and take note of mistakes I made. And yeah i also did and just wrote them in my vocabulary booklet and get them memorised. And yes, they do tend to repeat themselves! I just hope they dont make us have to translate a very niche vocabulary like last year they asked torrential rain (like what's torrential) haha.

Do you have any statistics studied or in mind for the discursive? And i really do not know which topics to revise. I just hope a question on Health comes up
Reply 95
I think something about characters might come up, they haven't asked about comparing the two. And I think they should link the question to nowadays somehow..
Reply 96
Yeah, i think I would try to embed it through talking about development of character, social setting, and a main theme and make sure each paragraph discusses the message the author tries to convey. it's actually not a bad question i guess since we just can literally use what we wrote for other questions and phrase it such a way it can still apply to the question.

And i'm also doing discursive! Yeah, i just made an essay structural plan for the discursive. And check past essays and take note of mistakes I made. And yeah i also did and just wrote them in my vocabulary booklet and get them memorised. And yes, they do tend to repeat themselves! I just hope they dont make us have to translate a very niche vocabulary like last year they asked torrential rain (like what's torrential) haha.

Do you have any statistics studied or in mind for the discursive? And i really do not know which topics to revise. I just hope a question on Health comes up

Yeah that's a good idea! Yeah that's a good idea for discursive, and same here for translation, they always throw in some really weird stuff haha!

No I haven't learn any statistics for discursive because not sure what's going to come up, have you? I suppose you could always make them up haha! Yeah I'm hoping something decent will come up!
Reply 97
Original post by Valemmy
I think something about characters might come up, they haven't asked about comparing the two. And I think they should link the question to nowadays somehow..

Do you mean for history or literature?
Original post by liz0123
Yeah that's a good idea! Yeah that's a good idea for discursive, and same here for translation, they always throw in some really weird stuff haha!

No I haven't learn any statistics for discursive because not sure what's going to come up, have you? I suppose you could always make them up haha! Yeah I'm hoping something decent will come up!

Yeah they do!

And same, there's just too many possible topical subjects. I was actually thinking of making up statistics but has your teacher mentioned about it? Cause our teacher said he doesnt advise we make up statistics cause the examiner might check and that could give them a reason to put down a mark for not being factual? Although i really doubt they will be bothered to check if they're probably marking thousands of essays.. I probably wont give numbers or figures but just talk about a study made by some scientists and just put there a possible fact.
Reply 99
Yeah they do!

And same, there's just too many possible topical subjects. I was actually thinking of making up statistics but has your teacher mentioned about it? Cause our teacher said he doesnt advise we make up statistics cause the examiner might check and that could give them a reason to put down a mark for not being factual? Although i really doubt they will be bothered to check if they're probably marking thousands of essays.. I probably wont give numbers or figures but just talk about a study made by some scientists and just put there a possible fact.

Yeah I think its probably better to not include statistics if they're made up, if not make them general and without numbers !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending