The Student Room Group

Are you finding it hard to motivate yourself to study a week before the exam?

During the Easter holidays I was zergrushing through past papers, going to the library every day, making notes, actively memorising things I need.

Now, during the half term before my last few (big) exams, I am barely slugging through a single past paper, (my pppd, past papers per day, is 1), am too lazy to write notes down. My friends also report the same exact problem, i.e. barely any work per day.

Post here if you do too...

Scroll to see replies

omg same

I have lost any will power or motivation to revise and I have no idea how to get myself going again
totally. i have three weeks of exams left, all my important A2's, and i just can't be bothered to revise. it's almost like i feel too confident (even though i know i shouldn't be)
Original post by sometimestigz
totally. i have three weeks of exams left, all my important A2's, and i just can't be bothered to revise. it's almost like i feel too confident (even though i know i shouldn't be)

Same position here, however my confidence wavers... 3 weeks left is 3 weeks too long.
Same. It feels like I used up all my energy and motivation on my first exam and there's none left for these 4 A2 exams :frown: I keep 'giving myself a day off', and it's like - a day off from what? I've done nothing.
Reply 5
Original post by LibertyMan
During the Easter holidays I was zergrushing through past papers, going to the library every day, making notes, actively memorising things I need.

Now, during the half term before my last few (big) exams, I am barely slugging through a single past paper, (my pppd, past papers per day, is 1), am too lazy to write notes down. My friends also report the same exact problem, i.e. barely any work per day.

Post here if you do too...

I completely agree with you. I'm just sick of revising and looking at the same subjects, day in day out. I feel really unprepared for my final exams because of it too, and they're the most important for me! All I want to do is sleep, revision just seems too repetitive. I do still spend a lot of time on revision because I still have things to revise for exams which are in 3/4 days time (!) but everything I do get round to doing is such a chore, I have to really force myself to get stuff done.

I think there's only so much you can take. I just keep reminding myself how soon it is until it's all over and I can relax (and sleep!). Final stretch now, make it count :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
its the opposite with me, during easter holidays i done nothing productive but during this half term i basically learned m1 and unit 2 physics and chemistry and doing 5-6 past papers per day.
Reply 7
Yup
Reply 8
Original post by helllooooooooooo
its the opposite with me, during easter holidays i done nothing productive but during this half term i basically learned m1 and unit 2 physics and chemistry and doing 5-6 past papers per day.

What are you

Unit 2 physics? What board? How many chapters?
Same here got 4 exam next week and i don't fee like revising even though i know they are important. I feel like i'm sick of studying for these exam. Can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, during the half term before my last few (big) exams, I am barely slugging through a single past paper, (my pppd, past papers per day, is 1), am too lazy to write notes down.

That's me every week, you should be glad you're not a lazy little sh*t like I am.
Me too, bio chem unit 2 and S1 maths left
I only have one exam left and it's on Monday, I revise like two chapters per day. Plus, I've not done a single past paper for revision.
Reply 13
Same position. Its a few weeks till my A2 exams are over but I find myself doing nothing all day. I've been working hard since March but now its got to the time of exams, it feels like I'm burned out
What are you

Unit 2 physics? What board? How many chapters?

I am a lazy guy who knows when to get productive, might be because i was brought up in germany so i have that german efficiency.:tongue:

AS AQA physics A unit 2 and has 7 chapters
Original post by web-girl
What! I don't believe this! Im literally whizzing through past papers. This fatigue mood you people are in needs to snap out of it, literally a week is the difference between an A and A*.

A*? Are you doing your GCSEs by any chance? Might explain why you're whizzing through past papers- A-level past papers are so long and wordy and just so much effort :lol:
I am a lazy guy who knows when to get productive, might be because i was brought up in germany so i have that german efficiency.:tongue:

AS AQA physics A unit 2 and has 7 chapters

Tbh, AQA physics unit 2 isn't the hardest thing in the world xD

Well fair enough :tongue: Makes me wonder why bother spending a year in school anyway
I've only recently started to gain some motivation again.. I've had four exams so far, and have five more left, woooo
Original post by thechemistress
Tbh, AQA physics unit 2 isn't the hardest thing in the world xD

true but waves are just nasty:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending