Can you repeat A2 exams in 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by razoba
Looks like good news for current Year 13

Resits in AS and A level qualifications
For AS and A levels we proposed that:
Students taking AS and A levels in the last scheduled sitting should have the
opportunity to resit these qualifications after the final scheduled award,
regardless of the subject and exam board.
Resit opportunities in AS and A level subjects where new qualifications were
introduced in September 2015
, will be available in the legacy qualifications in
May/June 2017. AS and A2 units for these qualifications will be available to all
students in the normal way in May/June 2016.
Resits will take place in May or June.
Students will be able to resit any AS or A2 units (including controlled
assessment units).
Only those students who have taken the qualification previously, or who had
good reason not to have taken it when planned (such as illness) can take a resit.
Similar arrangements should be put in place for the later phases of AS and A
level reform.3

So if I do an A2 exam in 2016 I can retake it in 2017?
Check their websites,all OCR/Aqa and Edexcel GCE say u can take them in 2017 every unit AS and A2.Check their preliminary timetable for 2017, its on their as resit.On each website it says something like this "The final assessment opportunity (first time entries) for these qualifications (H035, H435) will be summer 2016. Retake arrangements to be confirmed."

Therefore U can do it since this is what they said and its on the 2017 timetable.Its the very last time tho for both AS and A2 i expect.
Anybody know about CCEA?
Original post by kingofacademics
Anybody know about CCEA?

CCEA have not yet started their new Revised A levels, they will be taught from September 2016. As all current CCEA students are studying existing specifications, AS & A2 exams will be set next year and available for resits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
For AQA would the practical assesment A2 unit 6 be available for retaking in 2017?
Original post by haym singh
For AQA would the practical assesment A2 unit 6 be available for retaking in 2017?

It's available but it's up to individual centres whether they bother to run it so you may have to look around.
Original post by haym singh

My school has told pupils that if they need to resit any exams for reformed A levels they will be accepted back as private candidates but that no practical assessments will be made available by the school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Compost
It's available but it's up to individual centres whether they bother to run it so you may have to look around.

Original post by gdunne42
My school has told pupils that if they need to resit any exams for reformed A levels they will be accepted back as private candidates but that no practical assessments will be made available by the school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I see, so it is dependant on if the school actually decides to run it. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest