The Student Room Group

Why do people support football teams?

Why exactly would any sane person choose to financially support an industry rolling in corruption and extortionate wealth?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by RobML
Why exactly would any sane person choose to financially support an industry rolling in corruption and extortionate wealth?

They are deluded
footballers get paid 100s of K a week just to kick a ball

They should support race car drivers
Original post by db_F40
They are deluded

Apple vs. Orange
The commentary.
Skip to 11:43.

[video="youtube;ZKzMGEXGRbo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKzMGEXGRbo[/video]
Reply 5
We're all supporting corrupt institutions, be it directly or indirectly, so that argument doesn't satisfy me. To answer your question: I think it's a sort of hobby, people derive enjoyment and gratification from supporting a team, attending matches, buying club merchandise, participating in football/fan culture, and celebrating their teams' victories. It may not make sense to some people, but for many people this is an enjoyable pursuit.
Reply 6
Original post by Imperion
Apple vs. Orange

dont get it :P
Ok let me get this straigh dude, first of all the NFL ain't corrupt dawwwwwg, second of all,Denver 4 the Super Bowl baby, steeeze sandwhiiiiiiiich baby
Reply 8
Original post by RobML

Have a season ticket for home town team and although corruption is ruining football the passion and camaraderie between the fans and the emotion you get whether you win or lose is far greater than anything.
Original post by db_F40
dont get it :P

Choice is what I meant. Others love apples, others love oranges - substitute with real life scenarios. You'll never find a definite answer either way.
Reply 10
Choice is what I meant. Others love apples, others love oranges - substitute with real life scenarios. You'll never find a definite answer either way.

ooooohh

true i guess
Original post by Yeah dude
Ok let me get this straigh dude, first of all the NFL ain't corrupt dawwwwwg, second of all,Denver 4 the Super Bowl baby, steeeze sandwhiiiiiiiich baby

We're talking about European football(soccer to you guys).
We're talking about European football(soccer to you guys).

Chyeah dude I know, I'm just playing with chew guyssss :biggrin:
Chyeah dude I know, I'm just playing with chew guyssss :biggrin:

:colonhash:
It gives a solid sense of identity.
:colonhash:

I love Europeans! They're so sexy like their cars! :biggrin:
Original post by db_F40
They are deluded

F1!
Reply 17
Original post by AlexDsouza
F1!

:ahee:

Love it!

i support Lewis Hamilton all the way. Cant wait for the canadian GP this weekend :biggrin:
Original post by db_F40
They are deluded

Alexander Rossi and Haas to win wdc and wcc 2016
I love Europeans! They're so sexy like their cars! :biggrin:

lmao I guess :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest