The Student Room Group

My GCSEs

I currently have 2 As in core science and additional science. The GCSEs I will get this year are in the following subjects: further additional science, maths, English language, English literature, ICT, geography, ancient history, health and social care, German and product design. I have a target of an A* in all of them excluding German which is an A. However, my exams haven't gone that well at all really and I'm not just saying that because I've looked at unofficial mark schemes and checked and it's not looking the best so I'm worried I'm going to be really disappointed on results day. I still have 6 exams left I'm worried I'm only going to get 4 A*s (if I'm really lucky and at a push), then 3As and 3Bs which might sound good to some people but it's not what I want. Everyone has their own different ideas of what they want and I just wouldn't be all that happy with those grades to be honest. It's not going to affect college or anything but I'm just going to be disappointed and regret not putting in more hard work or not concentrating better or focusing as much in exams and what not. Any advice or tips or anything?
Reply 1
Honestly, just don't worry about it. What's done is done any by worrying it's not going to change anything. I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. But the best thing that can be done now is to forget about the ones you've done and just focus on the ones you've got left, you might still be able to pull your grades up by doing really well in them! Good luck...hope you do well. Half the time when you start to constantly worry, you've actually done much better than you think you have. :smile:

P.S Unofficial mark schemes? Where do you find them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you 😊. I hope I have anyway and I generally tend to find them in here. Sometimes friends send me links or I google them and find them on some other website. The best place is on here though
Original post by Qwertyuiop124
I currently have 2 As in core science and additional science. The GCSEs I will get this year are in the following subjects: further additional science, maths, English language, English literature, ICT, geography, ancient history, health and social care, German and product design. I have a target of an A* in all of them excluding German which is an A. However, my exams haven't gone that well at all really and I'm not just saying that because I've looked at unofficial mark schemes and checked and it's not looking the best so I'm worried I'm going to be really disappointed on results day. I still have 6 exams left I'm worried I'm only going to get 4 A*s (if I'm really lucky and at a push), then 3As and 3Bs which might sound good to some people but it's not what I want. Everyone has their own different ideas of what they want and I just wouldn't be all that happy with those grades to be honest. It's not going to affect college or anything but I'm just going to be disappointed and regret not putting in more hard work or not concentrating better or focusing as much in exams and what not. Any advice or tips or anything?

Have you done your product design exam yet?
Nope. It's on my birthday 😒. The 22nd of June

Quick Reply

Latest