The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham claim I haven't paid my tuition fees.

Don't know if anyone else got this letter but I am outraged.

First of all they claim to have contacted me between October and the present date about the matter. Erm no they did not.

Secondly, they say I haven't taken out a tuition fee loan and it should have been paid by January. Err, I have the letter in front of me confirming I took out the tuition fee loan! It says on the sheet that it will be paid in February.

Finally, they have had the cheek of giving me a £50 fine.

If anyone has received this letter and took out a tuition fee loan then I can confirm that this is definitely Durham's mistake. I have spoken to my finance officer and my loan is on their database. Why on Earth did I get this letter then?

Appparently about 200 out of 11000 students got it. :confused:
Just go to the college finance office with all the relevent stuff, they should sort everything.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
so .. how is it now ?
Reply 3
happened to me..**** myself. went to 12 south bailey (finance for cuths0 and they sorted it in about 5 seconds

good luck
Reply 4
Remember, this is the university that sent a friend of mine a bill for 20 pence. 20 fecking pence...the admin will have cost more :p:.
Ooops. Turns out the letter was put in the wrong pidgeon hole. All that worry for nothing! :mad: This person's name was so similar to mine I thought it was a printing error!
Reply 6
LmafOoo!! Dumb Pidgeon holes!
Widowmaker
Ooops. Turns out the letter was put in the wrong pidgeon hole. All that worry for nothing! :mad: This person's name was so similar to mine I thought it was a printing error!

haha .. that's funny ... even the middle name, you got it the same ?
and the pigeon hole, it's seriously annoying .. I got a few of my letters ending up in the wrong pigeon hole, including one which contains a 50pound cheque ..
psycho
haha .. that's funny ... even the middle name, you got it the same ?
and the pigeon hole, it's seriously annoying .. I got a few of my letters ending up in the wrong pigeon hole, including one which contains a 50pound cheque ..

Did you keep it? :biggrin:
Reply 9
Ha-ha-ha, I was going to call the University Admin. a bunch of ******s, but now I suppose I can't.
Reply 10
LOL - I bet the receptionist would have sooooooo bitch-slapped your arse!

Latest