The Student Room Group

Southampton MSc Econ

Hi,

I have to take a decision on whether to accept their offer or not this week. I was wondering if people would be willing to share their reviews about the course? Any personal experiences by people who have taken this course would be a great help!
I'd like to know all the big and little details that you can provide. :-)

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by econtish
Hi,

I have to take a decision on whether to accept their offer or not this week. I was wondering if people would be willing to share their reviews about the course? Any personal experiences by people who have taken this course would be a great help!
I'd like to know all the big and little details that you can provide. :-)

Thanks!

Feel free to ask any questions you want. I studied at Southampton for both undergraduate and postgraduate.

Southampton's real strength lies in theoretical econometrics, followed by applied economics (labour and development, notably; a lot of lecturers are actively involved with IZA and various international development agencies).

Is there anything in particular you wanted to know? What do you plan to do after the MSc?

I should mention that the primary aim of the MSc programmes at Southampton is to prepare you for PhD studies, hence the very theoretical nature of all courses, including so called "applied" ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending