The Student Room Group

The A2 Biology thread (2015-16)

:cookie:

Okay, most of us have started A2 Biology so I thought like the AS Chemistry thread by Dinaa, I might as well make one in advance for A2 Biology :biggrin:

Discuss any questions you have or post any resources or tips you've got.

I've tagged along some people I know who do Biology, please do quote me (or alternatively tag me) on this thread to be added to the list of A2 Biology students :smile:

Please do note you are NOT allowed to discuss anything related to EMPA or ISAs at all on this thread or anywhere else on TSR. Anyone caught doing so, should be reported :smile:Examining boards including AQA do monitor TSR and if you are caught and identified you may risk disqualification.

This is NOT an exam discussion thread, this is for new A2 Biology students currently starting A2 :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Woo - great idea :woo:

:hugs:

Spoiler

Reply 2
YayYYyyY:jumphug:

I'm on AQA for both Biology and Chemistry btw. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
A2 Biology ooommmmmggggg
Reply 4
Original post by Feraligatr
:cookie:

Okay, most of us have started A2 Biology so I thought like the AS Chemistry thread by Dinaa, I might as well make one in advance for A2 Biology :biggrin:

Discuss any questions you have or post any resources or tips you've got.

I've tagged along some people I know who do Biology, please do quote me (or alternatively tag me) on this thread to be added to the list of A2 Biology students :smile:

This is NOT an exam discussion thread, this is for new A2 Biology students currently starting A2 :smile:

Spoiler

Sorry to be a pain, I actually do OCR. My school weren't consistent when choosing the the boards for sciences. Chemistry is AQA btw thanks! :biggrin:
Checking in
I am with OCR for both bio and chemistry :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by BCMFM16
Sorry to be a pain, I actually do OCR. My school weren't consistent when choosing the the boards for sciences. Chemistry is AQA btw thanks! :biggrin:

Don't worry about it :smile:
I've updated the list now :smile:
Reply 7
gr8 idea
hope we guys rock A2 Bio together :biggrin:
Reply 8
Having just completed my AS year, I was unsatisfied with my grade in the Biology (AQA) practical assessment and was curious as to whether I would be able to resit an AS practical assessment to improve my overall grade in the current/legacy specification.

I'm aware that there will no longer be any practical assessments for new specification next year btw, any feedback would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
I'm OCR by the way :smile:
Suppppp :biggrin: Yeah, OCR again for me :h:
Original post by Nidfeo
I'm OCR by the way :smile:

Original post by thechemistress
Suppppp :biggrin: Yeah, OCR again for me :h:

Thank you, just updated.
Reply 12
Great :redface:
Reply 13
I don't do bio unfortunately
Original post by C0balt
I don't do bio unfortunately

I thought you did Bio :colondollar:
Reply 15
I thought you did Bio :colondollar:

I do chem physics maths FM :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
I do chem physics maths FM :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colondollar:
Reply 17
:colondollar:

Thanks anyways :redface:
So which subjects are you going to carry on with, in addition to chem and bio?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Thanks anyways :redface:
So which subjects are you going to carry on with, in addition to chem and bio?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Psychology, I was also doing History but didn't enjoy it whatsoever :redface:
So I dropped it and have decided to take EPQ which counts as a 4th AS :colondollar:
Reply 19
Psychology, I was also doing History but didn't enjoy it whatsoever :redface:
So I dropped it and have decided to take EPQ which counts as a 4th AS :colondollar:

Oh! I always thought you did maths XD
I sort of enjoyed history IGCSE, but I didn't choose it for A levels and no regret :ahee: I'm also doing EPQ, hopefully. I'm feeling very last about it though.
What course are you planning to apply for

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest