The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Architecture

Hello,

I'm looking to do architecture for my degree, I've currently just finished my AS and i'm taking: English literature, Geography and Photography, for A2 I'm picking up AS Art too.

I live in London,
For my GCSES I got: 3 A's 2 B's and 5 C's
2 of those A's are in Art and Textiles,

My university options are in order as to which I want to go to the most:

1) University of Manchester - MSA
2) Liverpool
3) Sheffield
4) Kent
5) Westminster

I think I'll be predicted: AAC/ABB/ABC

I really, really want to go to Manchester, it's felt like my soul city always, its sad because I don't know what to do, my portfolio I'm starting now and I have always been fascinated with architecture since a young age

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with applying and rejection and how it worked out when you didn't get your predicted grades

And whether there is a chance Manchester will accept me?
Reply 1
Original post by xl_z
Hello,

I'm looking to do architecture for my degree, I've currently just finished my AS and i'm taking: English literature, Geography and Photography, for A2 I'm picking up AS Art too.

I live in London,
For my GCSES I got: 3 A's 2 B's and 5 C's
2 of those A's are in Art and Textiles,

My university options are in order as to which I want to go to the most:

1) University of Manchester - MSA
2) Liverpool
3) Sheffield
4) Kent
5) Westminster

I think I'll be predicted: AAC/ABB/ABC

I really, really want to go to Manchester, it's felt like my soul city always, its sad because I don't know what to do, my portfolio I'm starting now and I have always been fascinated with architecture since a young age

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with applying and rejection and how it worked out when you didn't get your predicted grades

And whether there is a chance Manchester will accept me?

Im assuming you're at AS level then?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by xela238
Im assuming you're at AS level then?

Yes! Can you help me?
Reply 3
Original post by xl_z
Yes! Can you help me?

I'll try, Ive just finished A2 and am holding 4 offers despite getting CCDD at AS, this is because of my portfolio and I worked hard at the start of the year to bump up my predicted grades to ABB, I'd say those are the two key aspects
Reply 4
Original post by xela238
I'll try, Ive just finished A2 and am holding 4 offers despite getting CCDD at AS, this is because of my portfolio and I worked hard at the start of the year to bump up my predicted grades to ABB, I'd say those are the two key aspects

Did you get an offer from manc? Where else did you apply?
Reply 5
I applied to Liverpool, Greenwich, QUB, Brighton and South Bank, i got offers from all of them, in the end I went with Greenwich because after the portfolio interview with them they lowere the entry requiremnts for me from ABB to CCC and they're up and coming etc.

Original post by xl_z
Did you get an offer from manc? Where else did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending