The Student Room Group

Do you delete friends on Facebook?

Scroll to see replies

I just delete people I never really liked or talked to in school and will never talk to/see again. :dontknow:
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
:wink:

Okay?
Reply 22
I'm currently at 454 but that number will drop once I graduate. Probably not by too much since I keep people I feel who may be worth keeping contact with in the future. But I remember when I finished 6th form I went through a major cull from 600-ish to 250-something.

I don't get people who keep people they don't like on there to watch them fail at life, it's too exhausting to gain any satisfaction from that for me
Original post by gr8wizard10
only have 8 friends on fb

i have 9 friends and like 30 friend requests from people from my old school
only time i go on fb is when i forgot what the homework was and need to ask a friend
No, I just deleted my own facebook so now I don't have these problems. Whatsapp and texts keep me in contact with everyone who needs to be in my life.
Reply 25
I deleted a few people only because they were the cringiest of the cringe with soppy statuses
Couldn't be dealing
After I left secondary school I deleted a lot of people. Will do the same after graduation. I quite often delete people.
If they put stuuf I dont like but feel i still outghts be friends I unfollow
If I feel I have "too many" and theres people there I dont really care about / havent spoken/seen in a long time I will unfriend
Reply 28
I had like 530+ FB friends and I cleared it out recently and now I have about 200. I removed people I thought were annoying, and people I'm not really close to and wouldn't care so much about in the future. Most people you meet in secondary school or school in general are just people you know temporarily.
Very rarely, I hide most people whose posting irritates me. I've never understood the whole 'delete' culture, I prefer to treat Facebook as an old address book. You might not speak to someone, but the action of consciously deleting them seems terribly final, doesn't it? In fairness I use Facebook as an extension of 'real life' (I know everybody on my list personally, to speak to, and don't add strangers/people I've never spoken to), so I'd only delete someone if I never wished to speak to that person again, not just because I happen to not speak to them at the moment.
I usually delete people who start sharing Britain First or EDL stuff...

Quick Reply

Latest