Turn on thread page Beta

Umm have you ever watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you had any experience of revising like crazy and missing out on loads of sleep for like a week before exams.......

i seriously need to cram, i am thinking of sacrificing a few hours ofsleep to do this,

effective or not ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaney87)
    Have any of you had any experience of revising like crazy and missing out on loads of sleep for like a week before exams.......

i seriously need to cram, i am thinking of sacrificing a few hours ofsleep to do this,

effective or not ?
    effective

ReputationRep:
    not you retain less information when tierd its best to revise in short 30-40 mins sessions then have a 5-10min break the more stressed you are the harder you will find it so just try to relax

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee86)
    not you retain less information when tierd its best to revise in short 30-40 mins sessions then have a 5-10min break the more stressed you are the harder you will find it so just try to relax
    well i dunno im cramming alot of stuff atm, and it seems to be working

ReputationRep:
    I never really do that 30-minute revision with 5-minute breaks. I just get stuck in and do like 2 to 3 hours revision sitting there reading or writing up stuff and take half an hour off or something before doing another bit of revision. I can't force myself to stop half-way through revision since I always revise each chapter/topic at a time. I don't like being interupted when revising. I just stop when I feel like it.

Are you refering to A-Level or GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    At a-level revising way into the night worked for me, but now I choose to go to bed early and get up quite early the next day feeling fresh to revise.

ReputationRep:
    you could have made the title of the thread a bit more relevant to the subject. Or else stupid people like me will keep on clicking on the link having forgotten what the thread is about

ReputationRep:
    I cram a lot. It's obviously not the best way to do it but it works fairly well.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 2, 2004
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.