The Student Room Group
Reply 1
sloaney87
Have any of you had any experience of revising like crazy and missing out on loads of sleep for like a week before exams.......

i seriously need to cram, i am thinking of sacrificing a few hours ofsleep to do this,

effective or not ?

effective
Reply 2
not you retain less information when tierd its best to revise in short 30-40 mins sessions then have a 5-10min break the more stressed you are the harder you will find it so just try to relax
Reply 3
Lee86
not you retain less information when tierd its best to revise in short 30-40 mins sessions then have a 5-10min break the more stressed you are the harder you will find it so just try to relax

well i dunno im cramming alot of stuff atm, and it seems to be working
Reply 4
I never really do that 30-minute revision with 5-minute breaks. I just get stuck in and do like 2 to 3 hours revision sitting there reading or writing up stuff and take half an hour off or something before doing another bit of revision. I can't force myself to stop half-way through revision since I always revise each chapter/topic at a time. I don't like being interupted when revising. I just stop when I feel like it.
Are you refering to A-Level or GCSE?
Reply 6
At a-level revising way into the night worked for me, but now I choose to go to bed early and get up quite early the next day feeling fresh to revise.
Reply 7
you could have made the title of the thread a bit more relevant to the subject. Or else stupid people like me will keep on clicking on the link having forgotten what the thread is about :frown:
Reply 8
I cram a lot. It's obviously not the best way to do it but it works fairly well.

Latest

Trending

Trending