The Student Room Group

Would you assist me with my French?

I'm preparing for my writing french exam, and my teacher told me that some of my sentences are incorrect; I have a feeling I know which ones. So could you take a gander at them (because she can't be bothered to mark my notes)?

1. Touristes peuvent acheter des souvenirs fascinant ou ils peuvent détendre sous les cerisiers beaucoup par exemple, qui est génial car j'ai besoin de déstresser.

Tourists can buy fascinating souvenirs or they can unwind under the many cherry trees for example, which is great because I need to de-stress.

2. Il y a une grande piscine que moi et ma famille aimons parce que il me semble que nous aimons nager!

There is a big swimming pool that me and my family like because it seems to me that we like to swim!

3. Quand j'etais petit, moi et ma sœur n'aimions pas manger les aliments indigènes comme nous considéré que c'était trop degoûtant! J'adorais nager dans la mer et j'aimais danser à la discotheque, mais maintenant, je suis moins peur de manger les aliments indigènes et j'ai préfère bronzer plus que la danse puisque j'estime que la danse est trop fatigant!

When I was little, me and my sister did not like to eat native foods as we considered that it was too disgusting! I used to love to swim in the sea and I used to like dancing at the disco, but now, I am less afraid to eat the native foods and I prefer to tan more than dance since I reckon dance is too tiring!

4. Au debut des vacances, il faisait froid, Donc j'ai fait du shopping au centre commercial avec mes nouveaux amis, au lieu de jouer au football au parc appelé《Uendo》car je n'aime pas le froid à l'extérieur!

At the beginning of the Holiday, it was cold, therefore I went shopping at the shopping centre with my new friends, instead of playing football at the park called "Uendo" because I do not like the cold outside!

5. S' il y a une éclairice, nous allons aller Un parc d'attractions comme je pense que ce sera immensément passionnant! L'année prochain, je rêve de visiter l'Afrique puisque il y a beacoup de cultures que je trouve tres cool!

If there is a sunny spell, we will go to an amusement park ad I think that it will be immensely exciting! Next year, I dream of visiting Africa since there is a lot of cultures that I find very cool!
I did my French GCSE when I was in Year 7 since I am bilingual and got an A* with 100% :smile: I changed a few tiny tiny details. Hope it helps :smile: :smile:

1. Les Touristes peuvent acheter des souvenirs fascinant ou ils peuvent se détendre sous les cerisiers par exemple, ce qui est génial car j'ai besoin de déstresser.

Tourists can buy fascinating souvenirs or they can unwind under the many cherry trees for example, which is great because I need to de-stress.

2. Il y a une grande piscine que ma et ma famille et moi aimons, parce que il me semble que nous aimons nager!

There is a big swimming pool that my family and I like because it seems to me that we like to swim!

3. Quand j'etais petit, ma sœur moi et n'aimions pas manger les aliments indigènes comme nous considérions que c'était trop degoûtant! J'adorais nager dans la mer et j'aimais danser à la discotheque, mais maintenant, j'ai moins peur de manger les aliments indigènes et je préfère me bronzer plus que la danse puisque j'estime que la danse est trop fatigant!

When I was little, me and my sister did not like to eat native foods as we considered that it was too disgusting! I used to love to swim in the sea and I used to like dancing at the disco, but now, I am less afraid to eat the native foods and I prefer to tan more than dance since I reckon dance is too tiring!

4. Au debut des vacances, il faisait froid, Donc j'ai fait du shopping au centre commercial avec mes nouveaux amis, au lieu de jouer au football au parc appelé《Uendo》car je n'aime pas le froid à l'extérieur!

At the beginning of the Holiday, it was cold, therefore I went shopping at the shopping centre with my new friends, instead of playing football at the park called "Uendo" because I do not like the cold outside!

5. S' il y a une éclairice, nous irons à un parc d'attractions comme je pense que ce sera immensément passionnant! (<-- I would consider changing this adjective to 'amusant' which means fun. Alternatively, you could use 'excitant' for exiting which is more appropriate than 'passionant'- Google Translate is not your friend lol) L'année prochaine, je rêve de visiter l'Afrique puisque il y a beacoup de cultures et je ça trouve très cool!

['Beaucoup de culture' is a bit ambiguous. Saying that 'there is a lot of culture' about a place doesn't really make sense... I would replace it with: "il existe une variété de culture" which means 'There is a variety of culture'. In this case, you should TAKE OUT the 'y a']

If there is a sunny spell, we will go to an amusement park and I think that it will be immensely exciting! Next year, I dream of visiting Africa since there is a lot of cultures that I find very cool!

Hope it goes well, good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you so, so much!

I'll admit, I did use google translate on a few of these sentences :goofy:- not because I struggle with French, but because I struggle to write simple ideas. It really worried me when she looked at my work and told me I have mistakes and it's my choice if I want to take a risk and use an online translator; she's a scary woman! :blushing:

However, there weren't as many mistakes as I was expecting, so I deserve a miniscule celebration. Yippee!

It's so generous and selfless of you to possibly end your relaxing summer holiday for a bit and help those who are unfortunately not as lucky. You are a great person. :clap2: Xxx
I'll teach you to French kiss if you want. And if you're a good boy, I'll show you an Australian kiss too :wink:
Original post by Dalek1099's_FWB
I'll teach you to French kiss if you want. And if you're a good boy, I'll show you an Australian kiss too :wink:

Now I see you for who you truly are.

BTW: what's a French and Australian kiss? Do the people of different nations kiss each other differently?

Posted from TSR Mobile
An Australian kiss is a kiss down under :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Reply 6
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with my French. I have to summarise an article in 40-50 words
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
can someone help me this is for my writing
Mon repas prefere est poulet roti avec les gratin dauphinois,cet est parce que c'etait le premier repas j'appris a faire.Malheureusement ,de temps en temps ,on m'oblige de manger des plats vegetariens parce que ma soeur est vegetarienne.La nourriture vegetarienneme degoute a cause de leur gout affreux.J'adore les pizzas et de frites et je mange ca avec une sauce epicee.Comme je l'ai deja dit ,je n'aime pas tellement,les legumes ,mais je mange quand meme des petits pois et des carottes.3-pour rester en forme je bois souvent de l'eau J'aime boire de l'eau puisque c'est sain, mais je n'aime aucunement / j'essaie d'éviter les boissons gazeuses parce qu'elles ont des effects secondaires et Ça vous aide à bien s'hydrater,Auusi je mange sainement et j'evite les graisses et les sucreries car cela cause des maladies graves et fait prendre du poids.je m'assure de manger des fruits et legumes et je bois de l'eau et des jus naturels.4-l'alcool cest degoutant.je deteste quand led sutres boivent,cest vraiment impoli.Je ne sortirais jamais avec une alcoolique.Je fume mais je ne boirais jamaisc'est trop dangereux.Heureusement il est interdit de fumer dans les lieux publics.La drogue est dangereuse je naime pas quand mes amie se drguent parce que les revendeurs sont souvent violents.j'avais du mal a respirer ,surtout en faisant du sport .Aussi mon grand mere a eu une crise cardiaque a cause du tabagisme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending