Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
kissmekate
i know someone who's applied for van mildert and hasn't heard
have u heard anything?

No unfortunately i havent heard anything either :frown: I suspect some decision should be arrived at soon though, or at least i hope so! Do you know what grades she's applying with? (and now that were on the topic congrats on your grades! Theyre amazing).
Reply 3
aab
she's really nice :smile:
i hate waiting :P
and thanks
I've applied for that course! Wahey..
Reply 5
Now were a trio! YAY we've got to hear something soon surely
Reply 6
i have applied for single honours philosophy and i receive a letter in january saying that they have a lot of applications so they will give me my offer in late march. :frown:
Reply 7
i don't understand why they've given out some offers for single philosophy and not others :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Because they don't give out all the offers on the same day?
Reply 9
yeah but its like weeks since the offers and rejections were sent out so why are they making some people wait?
Reply 10
Because they don't make all the offers at the same time, because they receive applications at various points!
I've yet to receive an acknowledgement letter or any other type of letter at all that does the job of informing me that I'm in for a long wait until crunch time.

Proper gutted.

So for me it hasn't even really hit home that I'm even in the process of waiting for an offer / rejection from Durham!

Then again maybe all this silence is the best way to send out the message that they're too busy to dish out offers simultaneously around the country.

I'll just go and check again that I actually did apply to this university...
well my friend was rejected for english and philosophy and van mildert this week
Reply 13
kissmekate
well my friend was rejected for english and philosophy and van mildert this week

Sorry to hear that, i expect i'll be next!

Latest