The Student Room Group

Is anyone else shocked by this reaction?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33503069/kylie-jenners-hair-causes-instagram-race-row

I just read this a moment ago, and I'm very surprised by the reaction to a hairstyle....

Scroll to see replies

How very pathetic, it's a hairstyle, they're not limited to certain races. Should people moan that Beyonce's "appropiates white culture" when she goes blonde?
Maybe you fail to understand it's more than a hairstyle... my god
Pathetic. Anyone can have whatever hairstyle they damn please.
The liberal agenda is exhausting to keep up with.

I don't understand why these people ahven't been beaten down by now.
Original post by jedanselemyia
Maybe you fail to understand it's more than a hairstyle... my god

Her hair has been styled, it's a hairstyle. There's nothing else to it.
Original post by Skip_Snip
Her hair has been styled, it's a hairstyle. There's nothing else to it.

And that's where you're clueless. Can't be bothered to discuss this with people like you, sorry.
And that's where you're clueless. Can't be bothered to discuss this with people like you, sorry.

If you're not even gonna raise a point, how am I to know you have one?

Don't bother. She's a fine specimen of an over-sensitive PC progressive who takes the moral high ground and is a master of illusion when it comes to a direct confrontation. They just love to come up with something else to be offended by.

I think this "row" against Jenner is justified and is only one in a line of many. That's it. I can already sense the general content of this thread: "blah blah political correctness blah blah why do black people get so angry blah blah liberals blah blah" and I can't bother discussing this issue with people who don't try to understand.
Original post by Fango_Jett
Don't bother. She's a fine specimen of an over-sensitive PC progressive who takes the moral high ground and is a master of illusion when it comes to a direct confrontation. They just love to come up with something else to be offended by.

Quote me next time, hm?
Quote me next time, hm?

Sure.

You are a fine specimen of an over-sensitive PC progressive who takes the moral high ground and is a master of illusion when it comes to a direct confrontation. Creatures like you love to come up with something to be offended by.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Fango_Jett
Sure.

You are a fine specimen of an over-sensitive PC progressive who takes the moral high ground and is a master of illusion when it comes to a direct confrontation. Creatures like you love to come up with something to be offended by.

You repeated yourself, love, is it because you're stuck on repeat or you genuinely can't say anything else? :h:
Original post by DawgEater
x.

Gee, thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
I think this "row" against Jenner is justified and is only one in a line of many. That's it. I can already sense the general content of this thread: "blah blah political correctness blah blah why do black people get so angry blah blah liberals blah blah" and I can't bother discussing this issue with people who don't try to understand.

And why is it justified?
This is completely batty. Its hair.

Perhaps its just me but the worst bit was when the woman was told she should be using her fame to help black people.
And why is it justified?

She needs to understand her cultural insensitivity and how annoying it is to other communities. She's one of many wiggers who try to get near black people to be edgy/cool or whatevs but it's ridiculous. People are more aware now and can see through the BS.
I've always felt that culture is something that can and is beneficial to be shared and appreciated by others. The world has become so globalised, and people exposed to so many different foreign cultures that there is a great global melting pot of different styles, cuisine, music ect. that can be appreciated by everyone. I mean a women in China can have a french plait, wear Italian jeans, listen to hip hop and eat hamburgers and fries.

When you start making a culture exclusive, and unnecessarily inward you will see that culture slowly becomes less relevant and unable to evolve.

A person wearing cornrows, an African American style, despite not being actively involved in racial politics is hardly the end of the world or really offensive. You should feel pride when aspects of your culture are willingly adopted by others.
I'm black and I don't see how a particular hairstyle can belong to one race. Kylie should be able to do whatever she wants with her hair without race driven people like that girl becoming irritated.
She needs to understand her cultural insensitivity and how annoying it is to other communities. She's one of many wiggers who try to get near black people to be edgy/cool or whatevs but it's ridiculous. People are more aware now and can see through the BS.

Maybe she likes the way the hair looks on her? Because it clearly suits her. Cultural insensitivity my foot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending