The Student Room Group

Would you like a girl who is a friend of your best friend?

Hello, I'm seeking for men's opinion. So imagine there is a girl, she is pretty, hard-working, ambitious... but your best friend is her best friend as well. So you know they are staying in touch, going out together.. but it's pure friendship, nothing more. Maybe in the past your best friend liked that girl, but still she saw him as a friend because she actually liked you. The whole time she was having crush on you. And you know it, because she told you, you see her actions, body language etc. She is attractive for you from the moment you saw her for the first time, she is your type. But still you know that she is super close with your best friend. What would you do? Would you see your mutual best friend as a fence between the two of you? That's why maybe you don't want to do any move on her? How would you see yourself in this situation? Thank you all for replies.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello, I'm seeking for men's opinion. So imagine there is a girl, she is pretty, hard-working, ambitious... but your best friend is her best friend as well. So you know they are staying in touch, going out together.. but it's pure friendship, nothing more. Maybe in the past your best friend liked that girl, but still she saw him as a friend because she actually liked you. The whole time she was having crush on you. And you know it, because she told you, you see her actions, body language etc. She is attractive for you from the moment you saw her for the first time, she is your type. But still you know that she is super close with your best friend. What would you do? Would you see your mutual best friend as a fence between the two of you? That's why maybe you don't want to do any move on her? How would you see yourself in this situation? Thank you all for replies.
Hi there
I believe the man you like might believe it is weird.
Did you tell the best friend that you only see them as a friend?
Does the man you like know that?

But it is a bit tricky. The man you like might feel like if he gets with you, the friendship he shares with his best friend might get weird. It might also be the case for your friendship with the best friend. That might be why he is reluctant.
Also, does the man you like reciprocated your feelings?
Reply 2
Friends of friends are a rich source of dating opportunity. But dating someone that your best friend is or has been in a state of unrequited love with is a very sensitive area
Reply 3
so my best friend knows we are only friends and i feel nothing more to him than friendship, and everyone around us know we are only friends. The man I like he knows that I like him even my best friend knows it.
so my best friend knows we are only friends and i feel nothing more to him than friendship, and everyone around us know we are only friends. The man I like he knows that I like him even my best friend knows it.
Does the man you like, know that you told the best friend that you only see him as a friend?

I also asked you a lot questions in my first posts. You did not answer.
Reply 5
Yes the man I like knows i see my best friend only as a friend and that I actually like him not my friend. So he could always sense that I didnt stop liking him. From body language my actions.. Once when we went to a house party we got a bit tipsy and I confessed my feelings to him. I told him everything how i felt about him. He couldn’t find words, he was so shocked that after our talk he went to lay down in bed, he wasn’t talking to anyone, didn’t continue to party. I dont know what this reaction meant, I was expecting him to do something I was hoping for change but nothing.. Last summer we went to club with our friends and he was drunk so I took advantage of it and I initiated a kiss, he liked that so we ended up making out whole night. But for him it was only a drunk kissing in club nothing special. I was hoping that he will text me next day or something.. but no. Since we kissed he started liking my instagram stories, he has never done that before.. He always replied on my story once. I was baking and posted it on story so he replied but looks like he wasnt interested in staying in touch, just a compliment. At first I couldnt understand his actions, but now it looks like manipulation to me. Always doing this small actions to keep me wondering why so i can think of him.. Last week it was my nameday. My name is not in calendar. So the only ppl who remember it is my family and my best friend. No one else, but guess what I received a wish from the guy I like, I was a but shock and telling myself how and why he remembers this. To me this whole situation is weird. What do you think of it?
Reply 6
***he also replied on my story once ( not always)
Yes the man I like knows i see my best friend only as a friend and that I actually like him not my friend. So he could always sense that I didnt stop liking him. From body language my actions.. Once when we went to a house party we got a bit tipsy and I confessed my feelings to him. I told him everything how i felt about him. He couldn’t find words, he was so shocked that after our talk he went to lay down in bed, he wasn’t talking to anyone, didn’t continue to party. I dont know what this reaction meant, I was expecting him to do something I was hoping for change but nothing.. Last summer we went to club with our friends and he was drunk so I took advantage of it and I initiated a kiss, he liked that so we ended up making out whole night. But for him it was only a drunk kissing in club nothing special. I was hoping that he will text me next day or something.. but no. Since we kissed he started liking my instagram stories, he has never done that before.. He always replied on my story once. I was baking and posted it on story so he replied but looks like he wasnt interested in staying in touch, just a compliment. At first I couldnt understand his actions, but now it looks like manipulation to me. Always doing this small actions to keep me wondering why so i can think of him.. Last week it was my nameday. My name is not in calendar. So the only ppl who remember it is my family and my best friend. No one else, but guess what I received a wish from the guy I like, I was a but shock and telling myself how and why he remembers this. To me this whole situation is weird. What do you think of it?
It does not like manipulation to Me. But of course, this is not about me. The way you feel is important.
If you feel like he is manipulating you, then try to meet up somewhere with him. Express how you feel. Tell him that you already did everything and even expressed your feelings to him. Tell him that you need an appropriate answer from him. Whether it is a yes or no. Tell him that if he keeps going that way, you will have to move on from him.

To me, it just feel like he likes but he must be quite shy about the whole and might not know what to do.
Then again, those are just my assumptions.

By the way, that story is cute. I really like that you as a woman, were not afraid to make the first move and express your feelings. I wish more women were like you. I really like it. If I was that guy you like (as long as I find you attractive) I would love to date you.

Please even if he says he doesn't like you, do not change that side of you (you not being afraid to make the first move). A lot of women appreciate a woman like that, believe me.
Reply 8
thank you so much! It’s just my personality i will never change about it or hide my feelings when i like someone. Still i dont understand why he would be shy or afraid. He is 21 im 20 i dont know what it could be.. Also I do modeling, I travel a lot, meet important ppl. Maybe he has a feeling like why would I be good for her? but it doesnt matter bcs I told him how i feel about him so he has no reason to think like that..
thank you so much! It’s just my personality i will never change about it or hide my feelings when i like someone. Still i dont understand why he would be shy or afraid. He is 21 im 20 i dont know what it could be.. Also I do modeling, I travel a lot, meet important ppl. Maybe he has a feeling like why would I be good for her? but it doesnt matter bcs I told him how i feel about him so he has no reason to think like that..
That is good to hear
So you are a model? Oof
There are chances that the guy might feel like he will never be good enough for...
He might be afraid
But again, I believe you should have a talk with him. Tell him all the things I mentioned in my previous conment
Men can definitely be afraid to be with women who too attractive...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending