The Student Room Group

Is this wrong? Gay Relationship Advice

Hi all.

Recently me and my boyfriend (gay relationship fyi) got into a big argument about some intimate stuff so that is why I am posting anonymously. For context, we have been dating since December 2022. I just want opinions on if how I reacted was awful or what everyone else would do.

I am a home/UK student and he is an international student from Taiwan. I love him so much and I even had the opportunity to visit Taiwan over the summer which was really nice!

Anyway. The problem. Whether you see this as a problem or not, it is for me and if it is controlling please do let me know. I found numerous log ins from the start of our relationship on Twitter/X when I went on his phone to help write him an email (long story that part anyway..) and I found a lot of 18+ stuff he liked/saved. I just felt overall sick and uncomfortable and betrayed in a lot of ways and he commented on some of them saying explicit things.

What would your reaction be? Please lmk
I mean really and truly in this situation everyones reaction would be different. Some may not care as much, and think okay yeah this is the same as going on safari and watching 18+ content, or some may care just as much as you. I would never say ur feelings are invalid cause they are not but I would never say for you to overthink it to the extent of him cheating because it is quite natural for people to engage in 18+ content in a relationship. I would also argue that maybe try not to discuss this with him as it seems very controlling especially logging into his accounts to see this, and yes suspicions may have been correct but it still by no means accept the invasion of privacy you did.
If it really is serious though and you think about it a lot try and think of other factors that made him create this twitter. Like is he just a naturally kinky person and likes to do a lot of self care… it is very natural mind you. I’m not defending his actions by no means because commenting is a bit weird imo but maybe it could be brought up in other ways like discussing ur sexual life or kinks even doing the bdsm test can stimulate that lol. Anyways try to be have more peace at mind with especially since you have been in a relationship for a long time and quite obviously have built this connection.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I mean really and truly in this situation everyones reaction would be different. Some may not care as much, and think okay yeah this is the same as going on safari and watching 18+ content, or some may care just as much as you. I would never say ur feelings are invalid cause they are not but I would never say for you to overthink it to the extent of him cheating because it is quite natural for people to engage in 18+ content in a relationship. I would also argue that maybe try not to discuss this with him as it seems very controlling especially logging into his accounts to see this, and yes suspicions may have been correct but it still by no means accept the invasion of privacy you did.
If it really is serious though and you think about it a lot try and think of other factors that made him create this twitter. Like is he just a naturally kinky person and likes to do a lot of self care… it is very natural mind you. I’m not defending his actions by no means because commenting is a bit weird imo but maybe it could be brought up in other ways like discussing ur sexual life or kinks even doing the bdsm test can stimulate that lol. Anyways try to be have more peace at mind with especially since you have been in a relationship for a long time and quite obviously have built this connection.

thanks for replying. I just think the thing that shocked me overall was the commenting on posts and engaging with people who only had like 50 followers? I don’t know if that makes sense but for me that really hurt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending