The Student Room Group

Please what do I do?

My girlfriend took a pregnancy test yesterday morning and one line was very dark and the other was light, but we could see colour showing, and she's convinced she is pregnant as her symptoms have all indicated to her being pregnant.

I am hurt because we have been arguing all day as she wants to get an abortion and I want to keep our baby, she's been stressing all day long as she is a student and not financially stable, but I am holding down a good job and will move into a good career once I complete my studies, and I know my family will support us financially as well. But she still wants to go through with it, because we are both in our late teens and she wants to live life while she is still young without the burden of motherhood.

But I want to be a father. :/

Is there nothing I can do to convince her to keep our baby? PLEASE!
no

stop putting pressure on her. you might be comfortable and ready but shes a student and wants to live life. respectfully, a baby would ruin the life she wants right now and completely transform her future life.

shes said no, no point arguing over it as it is her final decision. you also dont want to end up convincing her because to be honest, if she ended up getting convinced after so much persuasion, she will probably end up regretting it as it is not what she really wanted.

its not what you want to hear but just leave it. you need to support her through these hormonal floods and the mental pain of aborting a baby.
It's early days, so the shock is still pretty raw. I don't know the procedures / protocols of getting an abortion, but I imagine it's not something you walk into your local clinic and it's done and dusted in an hour. I'd imagine there's lots of counselling etc. in the meantime (but maybe someone else could advise better than I could?)

Do you know for a fact she's adamant that she's not going to keep the baby, or could it just be a knee-jerk reaction?
Original post by Rogermoores
My girlfriend took a pregnancy test yesterday morning and one line was very dark and the other was light, but we could see colour showing, and she's convinced she is pregnant as her symptoms have all indicated to her being pregnant.

I am hurt because we have been arguing all day as she wants to get an abortion and I want to keep our baby, she's been stressing all day long as she is a student and not financially stable, but I am holding down a good job and will move into a good career once I complete my studies, and I know my family will support us financially as well. But she still wants to go through with it, because we are both in our late teens and she wants to live life while she is still young without the burden of motherhood.

But I want to be a father. :/

Is there nothing I can do to convince her to keep our baby? PLEASE!

According to your other threads you're a self confessed serial cheater who constantly moves from one girlfriend to the next. Why the sudden and complete change of heart? It looks to me that on your past history you'll dump your current girlfriend - in which case it would be better for everyone if she didn't have a baby.
But this is fake because you’re a virgin 🙄. OP's a troll btw for anyone else reading this.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending