The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers Megathread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by omya
Thanks a lot, I have checked Amazon and ebay, and the books made about £50!!!
I will try to convince my daughter not to buy all of them.

If your daughter joins some of the course pages on Facebook and such, the older years typically post adverts for their old textbooks there and sell them on cheaply
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 101
Anyone here doing maths? :tongue:
Reply 102
Original post by LPSteve
Anyone here doing maths? :tongue:

Me!
Reply 103
Nirgilis
x
Hi, Is there going to be a paint party this year? I heard they're meant to be really fun. Also would you know the theme for the freshers ball? Thanks in advance
Original post by FN510
Hello everyone :smile: I'm quite excited but also nervous as a lot of us probably are. Is anyone studying Computer Science?

Discrete Mathematics, so I'm sure we'll cross paths.
Reply 105
Original post by SH0405
Discrete Mathematics, so I'm sure we'll cross paths.

Yeah, probs. That seems quite interesting, thought it might be too theoretical for me though
Original post by FN510
Hello everyone :smile: I'm quite excited but also nervous as a lot of us probably are. Is anyone studying Computer Science?

Hey, I'm doing Computer Science too! :biggrin:
Reply 107
Original post by The Short One
Hey, I'm doing Computer Science too! :biggrin:

Sup! How's it going?
Original post by FN510
Sup! How's it going?

Great, can't wait to start in October!! Just worried that I may fall behind a bit :') You looking forward to it?
Reply 109
Great, can't wait to start in October!! Just worried that I may fall behind a bit :') You looking forward to it?

Yeah defo :smile:. I'm a bit worried about if I'll be able to cope with the workload and because I have little programming experience, but I'm sure we'll be fine
Has anyone recieved the enrollment email yet? I only recieved an email on the 13th to confirm my offer and was told I would soon get an email telling me how to enrol but I've not heard anything yet. Is this the same for everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teddysmith123
Has anyone recieved the enrollment email yet? I only recieved an email on the 13th to confirm my offer and was told I would soon get an email telling me how to enrol but I've not heard anything yet. Is this the same for everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't recieved any email either, I called them and they said to just follow the instructions on the welcome to Warwick page.
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/welcome/
Original post by BettyP97
I haven't recieved any email either, I called them and they said to just follow the instructions on the welcome to Warwick page.
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/welcome/

Oh ok because I was just waiting for the email but if thats the case then I might as well do it now! Thanks!
Oh ok because I was just waiting for the email but if thats the case then I might as well do it now! Thanks!

No problemo. Only thing is I'm struggling to activate my ITS account, it said if you have just enrolled you have to wait 36 hours, but I still can't do it and it's been a week. Anyone else having this issue?
If there are any English students around, there's a Warwick University English Freshers 2015 Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1196952333663568/
Original post by BettyP97
No problemo. Only thing is I'm struggling to activate my ITS account, it said if you have just enrolled you have to wait 36 hours, but I still can't do it and it's been a week. Anyone else having this issue?

I tried to activate my ITS account now and got the same message, but obviously in my case I HAVE just enrolled so it makes sense that I have to wait! If you've been waiting longer than 36 hours then maybe calling Warwick could be useful...
Original post by FN510
Yeah defo :smile:. I'm a bit worried about if I'll be able to cope with the workload and because I have little programming experience, but I'm sure we'll be fine

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one concerned about the workload. But yeah, I'm sure we'll be fine as you said :smile:

Out of curiosity, are you planning on doing any preliminary reading or other prep before we start?
Reply 118
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one concerned about the workload. But yeah, I'm sure we'll be fine as you said :smile:

Out of curiosity, are you planning on doing any preliminary reading or other prep before we start?

Yeah, just some introductory texts and some java
Reply 119
Has anyone else not received a welcome pack in the post yet?

Quick Reply

Latest