The Student Room Group

Riddle Me This: The Ultimate Riddle Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yoda123
What tastes better than it smells?

A mouth

Posted from TSR Mobile
2 x 7 = 14
14 is the atomic number of Silicon which is the most common element in the Earth's surface
the 'Thing' from Fantastic 4 is made of rock
Geology lab #TBBT :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
If you aim to give us a shot, we'll riddle you. What are we..
a gun indeed, you did better than Batman
My colour is green
I spread inside like a plague
I cannot be physically seen
I turn your friends into your enemies.

What am I?

Spoiler

Original post by PharaohFromSpace
My colour is green

What am I?

A smell?
Original post by Banana00
A smell?

nope
My colour is green

What am I?

Spoiler

Envy.
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Envy.

Well done. :congrats:

Want to post one?
(edited 7 years ago)
Well done. :congrats:

Want to post one?

I don't know any. :frown:
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
I don't know any. :frown:

Make up one :biggrin:
can i?
Three gods A, B, and C are called, in no particular order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter. Your task is to determine the identities of A, B, and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer all questions in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are da and ja, in some order. You do not know which word means which.

Clarifications:
A single god may be asked more than one question, questions are permitted to depend on the answers to earlier questions, and the nature of Random's response should be thought of as depending on the flip of a fair coin hidden in his brain: if the coin comes down heads, he speaks truly; if tails, falsely.
A woman is sitting in her hotel room when there is a knock at the door. She opened the door to see a man whom she had never seen before. He said "oh I'm sorry, I have made a mistake, I thought this was my room." He then went down the corridor and in the elevator. The woman went back into her room and phoned security. What made the woman so suspicious of the man?
Original post by shadowdweller
A woman is sitting in her hotel room when there is a knock at the door. She opened the door to see a man whom she had never seen before. He said "oh I'm sorry, I have made a mistake, I thought this was my room." He then went down the corridor and in the elevator. The woman went back into her room and phoned security. What made the woman so suspicious of the man?

Why would he knock on his own door?
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Why would he knock on his own door?

Correct! You're free to post a riddle if you wish, or I'll update with a new one shortly :biggrin:
(Original post by yoda123)
2 x 7 = 14
14 is the atomic number of Silicon which is the most common element in the Earth's surface

How surprising that --- forgot about O, which represents 46% of earth's crust, vs. ~27% for Si.
(edited 3 years ago)
@shadowdweller can we have another one when you're online dearest?
Pwease.:cry2:
Original post by shadowdweller

He was a manager/waiter/security guard/chef - not a hotel guest who'd have a room
Original post by yoda123
Three gods A, B, and C are called, in no particular order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter. Your task is to determine the identities of A, B, and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer all questions in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are da and ja, in some order. You do not know which word means which.

Clarifications:
A single god may be asked more than one question, questions are permitted to depend on the answers to earlier questions, and the nature of Random's response should be thought of as depending on the flip of a fair coin hidden in his brain: if the coin comes down heads, he speaks truly; if tails, falsely.

First, you want to know which word means True or False. This means you need a q where the honest and liar answer the same.

I'd ask everyone - "if I asked you if person A was the honest man, what would you say"

If person A is honest, he'll say True, Person B (liar) will say also say True, because he'd have to lie about his original answer which was a lie.

If person B is the honest one, the roles will reverse. Either way, you know at least 2 people will answer True (Da)

Also, the third person MAY say Ja - you know this man is the random answer.

As for who is the liar. Simply ask everyone, is person A the man who always tells the truth. The honest man will answer Da and the liar will answer Ja

Quick Reply

Latest