The Student Room Group

should i got to loreto or xaverian

I've been accepted for both but idk which one to choose. Both are equal distances away ( an hour and a half) and I'm doing maths, further maths, computer science and physics. I have an equal amount of friends going to both as well.
(edited 2 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
What a coincidence! I go to xaverian and didn’t expect to see this🤣 I reckon you go with what you could see yourself in, I got accepted into both and I went for xaverian as I preferred the teaching style, how it looked and the vast amount of people there. For context I am currently in year 13 studying maths computer science and economics. Trust me either place you’ll go will bring about great opportunities, just yesterday I was with a few of my loreto friends, so you’ll always cross paths!
Reply 3
There's a lot of interaction between both colleges student wise so I wouldn't worry about your friends. When I went to the loreto new students day, their maths lesson they had me doing riddles off Google!! And xaverian wanted me to devise a method of how ancient Muslim mathematicians figured out the circumference of the earth. I loved xaverian from the start and chose to go there. Highly recommend. Personally not a fan of loreto at all.
Reply 4
Original post by Nush4
I've been accepted for both but idk which one to choose. Both are equal distances away ( an hour and a half) and I'm doing maths, further maths, computer science and physics. I have an equal amount of friends going to both as well.
Im a year 13 and im doing maths bio and chem at xaverian and its decent. Personally, I dont think it makes much of a difference cuz both colleges (for me anyway) felt the same just in different locations. Xaverian is much more convenient public transport wise because a lot more bus routes to xaverian is connected to the university (wont have to wait long). I have a friend who goes loreto and does all ur choices except comp sci and theyre gonna study maths at oxford (make of that what you will). I'd recommend xaverian (but im bias and so are the replies apparently). Good luck in ur GCSEs :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest