The Student Room Group

Bumble graph- how women filter men according to height

I am not sure whether I am allowed to upload pics here so this is the graph here

https://imgur.com/O0G1uez

5'9'' is the average height for men btw. But 85% of women don't want to meet men of that height. I find that insane tbh and I'm not sure what to even make of it...
You aren't able to upload pictures in either the relationships forum or while on anon.

Also anyone can make a graph and upload it on imgur. That could have been made by literally anyone. Is there any actual reference for the source of that graph to vouch for it showing...anything? Where did the data come from? How was the population for that data selected? What was the methodology used to analyse the data? Does the analysis demonstrate any statistically significant conclusions?
Original post by Anonymous
I am not sure whether I am allowed to upload pics here so this is the graph here

https://imgur.com/O0G1uez

5'9'' is the average height for men btw. But 85% of women don't want to meet men of that height. I find that insane tbh and I'm not sure what to even make of it...

Men need to stop complaining about what women want and start working on themselves. Go to the gym, get your resources up and become the best version of yourself.

Women want the best, so you should strive to the best. Not for them, but for yourself. When you get to the top of the food chain, you can have access to the widest range of women.

Good luck
Reply 3
Original post by Wired_1800
Men need to stop complaining about what women want and start working on themselves. Go to the gym, get your resources up and become the best version of yourself.

Women want the best, so you should strive to the best. Not for them, but for yourself. When you get to the top of the food chain, you can have access to the widest range of women.

Decent women don't want to date an Andrew Tate clone.
Original post by Surnia
Decent women don't want to date an Andrew Tate clone.

Most women want a man with resources, that is fit and is at the top of his performance. They may not like how Mr Tate has said it but it is the truth.

Here is something for you:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HUYp5Gkomng&pp=ygUKcGJkIGFuZHJldw%3D%3D

Please let me know what you think.
Reply 5
Original post by Wired_1800
Most women want a man with resources, that is fit and is at the top of his performance. They may not like how Mr Tate has said it but it is the truth.

Here is something for you:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HUYp5Gkomng&pp=ygUKcGJkIGFuZHJldw%3D%3D

Please let me know what you think.

I think I'm not wasting my time on videos.

You do know that there are women with their own resources that don't need to rely on a man to provide, especially a man who thinks his other half is his property...
Original post by Surnia
I think I'm not wasting my time on videos.

You do know that there are women with their own resources that don't need to rely on a man to provide, especially a man who thinks his other half is his property...

If you have some time, please watch and share your thoughts.

Many women want men on their level or better. So a woman with resources would likely prefer a man with his own resources if not more than hers.
Reply 7
Original post by artful_lounger
You aren't able to upload pictures in either the relationships forum or while on anon.

Also anyone can make a graph and upload it on imgur. That could have been made by literally anyone. Is there any actual reference for the source of that graph to vouch for it showing...anything? Where did the data come from? How was the population for that data selected? What was the methodology used to analyse the data? Does the analysis demonstrate any statistically significant conclusions?

Google bumble height filter statistics if statista isn't good enough (it's a well known website).

The data comes from Bumble, the dating website. The population isn't selected, those are the % of women who used height filters before it was a premium, paid service (you now can't do that anymore, you've to pay but when this data was gathered, a year ago, it was free).
Original post by Anonymous
Google bumble height filter statistics if statista isn't good enough (it's a well known website).

The data comes from Bumble, the dating website. The population isn't selected, those are the % of women who used height filters before it was a premium, paid service (you now can't do that anymore, you've to pay but when this data was gathered, a year ago, it was free).

You know that generally the onus for providing evidence is on the person making the claim...

Regarding your first note, it's very easy to type "statista" and paste it onto an image. The fact the image is covered in jpeg artefacts does not make it look especially official either. Notably also searching "statista" for "bumble height filters" yields zero results.

The most "reputable" source I can find reporting on this is buzzfeed news, which is not really encouraging. There are many articles about how they added height filtering but none seem to be reporting anything related to the data purported to be shown in the graph above. The fact no reputable publications are writing about this specific data, you know the ones that try and maintain some semblance of journalistic integrity, seems notable.

So frankly so far it looks a lot like something someone made up, posted on imgur, posted onto some incel reddit threads, and buzzfeed's "content generation team" picked up something about it. I remain unconvinced this is anything more, absent any actual evidence that is not an artefact riddled jpeg on an image hosting website anyone can upload to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending