The Student Room Group

More detailed grades

Hello!

So just got my CIE IGCSE grades today, and would have some questions about them.
1, Dont we get what % we got on the exams? A mark wont really tell me a lot,
2, When can we see our marked exam? Its hard to decided if i want to remark it or not, if i cant see it.
3,When will this years grade boundaries released?

Regards,
Original post by JustANormalGuy
Hello!

So just got my CIE IGCSE grades today, and would have some questions about them.
1, Dont we get what % we got on the exams? A mark wont really tell me a lot,
2, When can we see our marked exam? Its hard to decided if i want to remark it or not, if i cant see it.
3,When will this years grade boundaries released?

Regards,

Your results should come with a percentage uniform mark. This mark is not a percentage but is a percentile, however. You do not get to see the fully marked paper unless you request for it. There may be charges attached to see the marked paper. However, your school will receive a detailed exam report which will show the breakdown of coursework and papers. If you feel you did well in an exam but the numbers make no sense, that's an indication for a remark. The grade boundaries will be released by CIE in some time. It's just a matter of waiting for a bit.
Thanks for the answer. I didnt get any percentile, or anything, just a mark for each subject :/ Could it be because my school is not located in britain, but in a foreign country? (Its a british international school tho)
Also its a bigger problem, i dont know what to do, and im really upset about this; My classes ICT exam got terminated, because of malpractice, however I myself did NOT cheat, so i really feel the decision is unfair, is there anyting to do? The exams were really annoying tho, so i wouldnt like to retake them... (im sure i could get an A again (i feel this one was an A aswell), but i would rather focus on the next exams (AS) )? My classmates might've cheated (not all of them) but im 100% sure that i didnt...
Thanks for the answer. I didnt get any percentile, or anything, just a mark for each subject :/ Could it be because my school is not located in britain, but in a foreign country? (Its a british international school tho)
Also its a bigger problem, i dont know what to do, and im really upset about this; My classes ICT exam got terminated, because of malpractice, however I myself did NOT cheat, so i really feel the decision is unfair, is there anyting to do? The exams were really annoying tho, so i wouldnt like to retake them... (im sure i could get an A again (i feel this one was an A aswell), but i would rather focus on the next exams (AS) )? My classmates might've cheated (not all of them) but im 100% sure that i didnt...

I go to an international school outside of the UK as well so you should have received a percentile.

About your ICT, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. If you want to the IGCSE award for ICT, I'm pretty sure you'll need to retake during the next session. Hopefully there's a way to let universities know the reason for your retake. I don't know the procedure because my school has never really dealt with examination malpractice. You might find more information online if you give it a search.
This is fantastic... So they just terminate the whole classes results if just 1 person cheats?...
Well i didnt get a printed paper from the school, i use the website myresults.cie.org.uk could that be a reason?
This is fantastic... So they just terminate the whole classes results if just 1 person cheats?...
Well i didnt get a printed paper from the school, i use the website myresults.cie.org.uk could that be a reason?

Yeah I'm sorry about it.

Try checking if your school is able to give you printed grades. I know my school has CIE direct.

Quick Reply

Latest