The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

university of warwick - reply

Hi! has anyone heard back for economics from university of warwick? I received my decisions from all my other choices, however I understand that the decision for warwick may take time but I just wanted to know a rough estimate of the same, as Warwick is one of my top choices. Any response will be of great help!
Original post by Vaishnavi.j
Hi! has anyone heard back for economics from university of warwick? I received my decisions from all my other choices, however I understand that the decision for warwick may take time but I just wanted to know a rough estimate of the same, as Warwick is one of my top choices. Any response will be of great help!

The amount of time they spend deliberating cannot be predicted, unfortunately. They may focus on international candidates initially, or contextual candidates, or those with non-standard qualifications (because it may take longer to check the details for all of these groups). Or they make make offers to those with very high predicted grades first, and then spend more time carefully reviewing the applications from other candidates. Or they may not.

The best I can offer you (and it's not much) is this spreadsheet which includes details of when they made decisions for a variety of courses last year.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
The amount of time they spend deliberating cannot be predicted, unfortunately. They may focus on international candidates initially, or contextual candidates, or those with non-standard qualifications (because it may take longer to check the details for all of these groups). Or they make make offers to those with very high predicted grades first, and then spend more time carefully reviewing the applications from other candidates. Or they may not.

The best I can offer you (and it's not much) is this spreadsheet which includes details of when they made decisions for a variety of courses last year.

oh alright thank you! also does warwick also consider application where predicitve scores are a little lower than entry requirements, like a grade less?
oh alright thank you! also does warwick also consider application where predicitve scores are a little lower than entry requirements, like a grade less?

That would depend very much on the course and how competitive it is (i.e. how many applications they receive vs. how many places they have). The more competitive the course, the less likely they are to make an offer to a applicant who isn't predicted to meet their grade requirements.

Economics, as I'm sure you're aware, is very competitive.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia

yes, my predicted was AAB but i got into a course an AAA course, the entry requirements are AAA tho
Reply 5
Original post by rachel.xo

yes, my predicted was AAB but i got into a course an AAA course, the entry requirements are AAA tho
oh alright may i know whoch course it was that you applied for ?
by the way congratulations on your offer!
Reply 6

oh alright may i know whoch course it was that you applied for ?
by the way congratulations on your offer!

thank you and politics and international studies!!

Quick Reply

Latest