The Student Room Group

Deferring Cambridge

Hi, ive achieved 3 a*s in my a levels, exceeding, my cam offer for natsci (phys) at homerton college, which was 2a*a. ive now decided i want to defer my entry and take a gap year, despite not putting this on my ucas form. what is the best way to go about this? cheers in advance
Original post by joedoubleds
Hi, ive achieved 3 a*s in my a levels, exceeding, my cam offer for natsci (phys) at homerton college, which was 2a*a. ive now decided i want to defer my entry and take a gap year, despite not putting this on my ucas form. what is the best way to go about this? cheers in advance

You'd probably have to ring up your college sometime soon-ish I'd imagine although you have to remember that they are under no obligation to defer your offer (it's in their interest not to defer you since that means fewer available places next year).
Reply 2
if i do ring up and ask, is there any chance they could get funny about my place this year?
and also is emailing not an option as my phone is iffy
if i do ring up and ask, is there any chance they could get funny about my place this year?
and also is emailing not an option as my phone is iffy

No, assuming your place is unconditional, they can't retract it. The worst they'll say is "No". Having said that, I think I read something here about colleges asking students not to ring them on results day but I'm not sure.
Reply 4
Original post by Plagioclase
No, assuming your place is unconditional, they can't retract it. The worst they'll say is "No". Having said that, I think I read something here about colleges asking students not to ring them on results day but I'm not sure.

hmmm okay thanks a lot man, i may ask you some more in a bit but ty
Reply 5
Original post by Plagioclase

hmmm okay thanks a lot man, i may ask you some more in a bit but ty

Did you call them? What was the outcome?

You really should have contacted them BEFORE results day because then they can plan better.

By leaving it so late you might be depriving the next person in the ranking from getting in from this year's Summer pool for your course. Alternatively they might say no to you for exactly that reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending