The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Dude
Lets see if I can remember it

"Way down deep in the middle of the congo"
"The Hippo took the an apricot, a something and a mango".
"He stuck it with the others, and he danced a dainty tango".
"The Rhino said, "I know, we'll call it Um Bongo"

Nearly!

Way down deep in the middle of the Congo, a hippo took an apricot, a guava and a mango. He stuck it with the others, and he danced a dainty tango.

The rhino said, "I know, we'll call it Um Bongo", Um Bongo, Um Bongo, They drink it in the Congo.

The python picked the passion fruit, the marmoset the mandarin. The parrot painted packets, that the whole caboodle landed in.

So when it comes to sun and fun and goodness in the jungle, They all prefer the sunny funny one they call Um Bongo!

Oh God, I can't believe I just had to look that up. :tongue:
Reply 161
NDGAARONDI
You didn't download it did you? :tongue:

I didn't. That was from memory (and as you can see from pikaboo's post, i was wrong)
Dude
I didn't. That was from memory (and as you can see from pikaboo's post, i was wrong)

I was nevertheless a great attempt from all those years back! :biggrin:
Reply 163
pikaboo
Nearly!

Way down deep in the middle of the Congo, a hippo took an apricot, a guava and a mango. He stuck it with the others, and he danced a dainty tango.

The rhino said, "I know, we'll call it Um Bongo", Um Bongo, Um Bongo, They drink it in the Congo.

The python picked the passion fruit, the marmoset the mandarin. The parrot painted packets, that the whole caboodle landed in.

So when it comes to sun and fun and goodness in the jungle, They all prefer the sunny funny one they call Um Bongo!

Oh God, I can't believe I just had to look that up. :tongue:

There you go. You looked it up, i did it from memory (MAN I AM SAD)
pikaboo
I've paid more for Pokemon cards... :redface:
Lol, Um Bongo...it's the official drink of our college at uni now :tongue: I remember laughing hysterically at the adverts!

Me too, but only because i ended up getting about 300 in return for the trade of the fossil gengar, which someone needed to complete their set (they were a collector rather than a player.... and i sound really sad right now!)
Reply 165
Iluvatar
Me too, but only because i ended up getting about 300 in return for the trade of the fossil gengar, which someone needed to complete their set (they were a collector rather than a player.... and i sound really sad right now!)

Oh I never played the cards - collecting them was enough :tongue: I used to collect friendship bracelets as well, that carried on into the 90's!
pikaboo
Oh I never played the cards - collecting them was enough :tongue: I used to collect friendship bracelets as well, that carried on into the 90's!

Well i've always played card games, but most of the people only collected, so it was hard to get a game most of the time...

Thats why i play Magic now, because there aren't really people who just colect them.
pikaboo

ah friendship bracelets...bless!....I still have mine:biggrin:...I remember I took special classes to learn how to make the complicated ones..:biggrin::tongue:
Reply 168
I had loads of them too and I would never take them off :biggrin:
Reply 169
Rose in Bloom
ah friendship bracelets...bless!....I still have mine:biggrin:...I remember I took special classes to learn how to make the complicated ones..:biggrin::tongue:

The only thing I can remember is getting taught how to make daisy chains
Reply 170
Very feminine of you :biggrin:
Reply 171
Acaila
Very feminine of you :biggrin:

And proud of it. I've had more girls as friends then guys my whole life (proplery explains why I'm so camp)
Dude
And proud of it. I've had more girls as friends then guys my whole life (proplery explains why I'm so camp)

interesting!:smile:....so, did u have to grow the nail of ur smallest finger for it?...I remember I did...
Reply 173
Dude

I've always had more male friends :biggrin:
Although I'm not so much of a tomboy as I used to be.
Reply 174
I still make friendship bracelets now, although to be fair I teach kids how to make them.
I've never had a friendship bracelet, and never really knew anyone who did either.
Reply 176
Aww! I want to make one for you now! :biggrin:
Acaila
Aww! I want to make one for you now! :biggrin:

:smile: . I don't really understand what the big deal is about them though.
Reply 178
I can't remember what the big deal is.:frown:
But I really liked mine! :smile:
Reply 179
Iluvatar
:smile: . I don't really understand what the big deal is about them though.

I couldn't either, but it was still very cool to have one.

Latest

Trending

Trending