The Student Room Group

Grade classification and advice for final year.

Hello! I would really appreciate it if someone could kindly double check that I have worked out my classification for this year correctly and what I'd need to average in my next year to graduate with a first.

Also, any helpful tips or suggestions for my final year would be fantastic! I'm very nervous, I want to do my upmost best, so I am open to any advice on how I can continue progressing in terms of academic skills. I have recently completed some study skills sessions with my uni library and will ensure I action feedback from my lecturers in my future assignments. Thank you!

I've now finished the end of my second year and my grades are as follows for the six assignments: 65, 71, 73, 75, 76 and 78. I believe my average is 73?? This year was worth 20% of the final degree classification and next year is worth 80%. All of the assignments this year had equal weightings of 20 credits. Next year there will be 5 assignments- 4 worth 20 credits and the dissertation worth 40. Am I right in thinking I need to average about 71 next year to achieve a first?

This year has been tricky! Unfortunately, my children were Ill right at the time we had 3 assignments due in the same month. I would love next year to get more higher 70s to be more in that secure first category.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any comments. It's much appreciated 😊
Reply 1
I should also add that the grade boundaries are 60 - 69 for a 2:1 and 70+ for a first 😊
Original post by Hills9
Hello! I would really appreciate it if someone could kindly double check that I have worked out my classification for this year correctly and what I'd need to average in my next year to graduate with a first.

Also, any helpful tips or suggestions for my final year would be fantastic! I'm very nervous, I want to do my upmost best, so I am open to any advice on how I can continue progressing in terms of academic skills. I have recently completed some study skills sessions with my uni library and will ensure I action feedback from my lecturers in my future assignments. Thank you!

I've now finished the end of my second year and my grades are as follows for the six assignments: 65, 71, 73, 75, 76 and 78. I believe my average is 73?? This year was worth 20% of the final degree classification and next year is worth 80%. All of the assignments this year had equal weightings of 20 credits. Next year there will be 5 assignments- 4 worth 20 credits and the dissertation worth 40. Am I right in thinking I need to average about 71 next year to achieve a first?

This year has been tricky! Unfortunately, my children were Ill right at the time we had 3 assignments due in the same month. I would love next year to get more higher 70s to be more in that secure first category.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any comments. It's much appreciated 😊

You do indeed have a second year average of 73, but I calculate that you only need 69.25 next year to average 70 overall.
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
You do indeed have a second year average of 73, but I calculate that you only need 69.25 next year to average 70 overall.

Ah, thank you 😊😊.
Original post by Hills9
Ah, thank you 😊😊.

In other words, keep on as you are now! 😃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending