The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Optometry

I just have several questions, to those studying Optometry.

Does Manchester accept resit applicants for Optometry? [I just need to resit 2 exams for biology]
How lenient are Manchester with the entry requirements, especially when it comes to clearing? [I should by this time next year have ABB, worst case scenario ABC]

Thanks.
According to their entry requirements, they prefer everything to have been taken in one sitting. How lenient they are changes from year to year according to a variety of factors.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
According to their entry requirements, they prefer everything to have been taken in one sitting. How lenient they are changes from year to year according to a variety of factors.

Would they actually reject me in clearing even if I have the grades?
Original post by IllmaticLUPE
Would they actually reject me in clearing even if I have the grades?

I have no idea, their leniency will change year on year depending on the situation.

If you haven't even started applying yet, why are you preparing for Clearing? It's not really something you should aim for, it's a last resort if your application goes awry.

There's also the possibility that Optometry might not even be in Clearing next year. It's not available at the moment, though it's been two days since Results Day so it could have been available earlier for all I know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending