The Student Room Group

Is it possible to write a personal statement catered towards pharmacy and optometry?

I'm very conflicted and I need some help, I've been planning on applying for pharmacy for four options on UCAS and maybe leave one option for biomedical sciences as a backup, and because it is easy to write a personal statement that is also catered towards it as well as pharmacy. But recently I did some research on optometry and it really interested me course wise and career prospect wise, and I'm thinking of applying to it as a backup option instead of biomedical sciences, but I'm not sure how I'm going to link pharmacy and optometry together in a personal statement without it coming off as messy and undecided? I have done an EPQ on the negative effects of medicines on the human body and i'm thinking maybe i can somehow link that to optometry by doing research on medications for eye diseases, I have also done volunteering and work experience in a pharmacy setting. So can someone please give ideas on how i can link these 2 courses together or tell me if it is a bad idea to apply for them both in the first place. thank you :smile:
I don't think there is any practical way to write a suitable PS for both courses. Optometry is also very competitive I understand. Pick one health professions course and just apply to that one.

Realistically I would note consider optometry a "backup" for pharmacy either anyway - most optometry courses I'm aware of have higher entry criteria and are more competitive than pharmacy.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
I don't think there is any practical way to write a suitable PS for both courses. Optometry is also very competitive I understand. Pick one health professions course and just apply to that one.

Realistically I would note consider optometry a "backup" for pharmacy either anyway - most optometry courses I'm aware of have higher entry criteria and are more competitive than pharmacy.

okay thank you for the reality check, i will probs do more research on both courses and just pick one unless i somehow find a way to perfectly link them together which atm seems very unlikey.
You can definitely link them both if you are passionate about both, and would be happy to study either course.
Original post by CATHYSUMMERS27
You can definitely link them both if you are passionate about both, and would be happy to study either course.

Both courses can fill their spaces many times over with applicants 100% committed to that specific degree and career. Attempting to apply to both with a PS covering both will lead to rejections

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending