The Student Room Group

Maths and Further Maths Modules Mixed up and Put Me Down a Grade

Hi guys,
I'll get straight to the point. For Maths I did Core 1, Core 2 and Decision 1 Exams. and for Further Maths I did FP1, Decision 2 and stats 1.

On my results sheet, it's put Core 1,2 and stats 1 together for maths and FP1, Decision 1 and decision 2 for Further maths.

The issue with this is my maths grade is now a lot higher than the further maths grade and if it had put Core 1,2 and Decision 2 in maths and then FP1, Stats 1 and Decision 1 in further maths, I'd have an A in both instead of an A in one and B in another.

Can I get this fixed? I don't want to finish A Levels with a grade too low because the system has automatically mixed the modules badly and given me too much ums for one grade.

Thanks! actual ums values here
Reply 1
Original post by TheKian
Hi guys,
I'll get straight to the point. For Maths I did Core 1, Core 2 and Decision 1 Exams. and for Further Maths I did FP1, Decision 2 and stats 1.

On my results sheet, it's put Core 1,2 and stats 1 together for maths and FP1, Decision 1 and decision 2 for Further maths.

The issue with this is my maths grade is now a lot higher than the further maths grade and if it had put Core 1,2 and Decision 2 in maths and then FP1, Stats 1 and Decision 1 in further maths, I'd have an A in both instead of an A in one and B in another.

Can I get this fixed? I don't want to finish A Levels with a grade too low because the system has automatically mixed the modules badly and given me too much ums for one grade.

Surely you can't have D2 in Maths and D1 in Further? That doesn't seem to make any sense!
Reply 2
Original post by TheKian
Hi guys,

The rules for AS maths state that maths must be C1, C2 & either S1, D1 or M1 you can't have D2 in your AS maths as they all need to be AS modules. So there is no mistake here
Reply 3
Original post by Aph
The rules for AS maths state that maths must be C1, C2 & either S1, D1 or M1 you can't have D2 in your AS maths as they all need to be AS modules. So there is no mistake here

Aww ok. Whilst you're here, can you tell me whether I can till can an A in further maths next year and can I get an A* in normal maths?
Original post by TheKian
Aww ok. Whilst you're here, can you tell me whether I can till can an A in further maths next year and can I get an A* in normal maths?

My phone won't format your file properly, but the conditions for getting an A* in Maths is 180 UMS total of above from C3 and C4, and for Further Maths, 270 or above from 3 A2 units. I can't see what you got, but with a B in either subject or above an A* is possible to get, as is an A. Even with a C it's possible without resits, but becomes quite difficult, and you'd need to step up your understanding of Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending