Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anastasia House- Anglia Ruskin

Hello!
Right, 2 questions.
I'm in Anastasia house- are you??
I'm scared I won't fit in and I'm going to struggle with the work, is this normal?
I'm going to study English Language and English Language Teaching.

PLEASE RESPOND☺️☺️
Thanks!
Original post by nosociallife
Hello!
Right, 2 questions.
I'm in Anastasia house- are you??
I'm scared I won't fit in and I'm going to struggle with the work, is this normal?
I'm going to study English Language and English Language Teaching.

PLEASE RESPOND☺️☺️
Thanks!

Hiya! :smile:

Firstly, please don't worry, it's natural to be anxious but honestly once you've settled down things will be fine! I was exactly like you, scared about the workload, making friends and fitting in. But now, I'm heading into my third year and I'm studying English Literature and all these worries seem like the past!! I didn't live on campus, I'm a home student but from what my friends have told me, they enjoyed living on campus for their first year. I definitely recommend making the best of Freshers Week, and join societies that interest you. For example, i joined Literary, Amnesty, Islamic and Debate societies and it was a great way to meeting new people. Then, on my course we were put into personal tutor groups it was another opportunity for me to get to know my fellow course members. So don't worry, you will be fine!

With regards to workload, it's all about time management. Some days the workload will be easy and some days it will be a lot. There were days when I did struggle but sitting down and planning everything was the best way forward. And if you ever struggle, email your lecturers - believe me they'll be more than happy to help you out. There's so much support available at uni, it's making sure you utilise it!

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll try my best to answer them. Good luck and don't worry, you'll be fine!

ARU Official Rep
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending