The Student Room Group

Grades required to study at Anglia Ruskin Uni for Optometry

Hi I'm a year 12 student I'm just wondering what grades i would need since i checked on UCAS and it says I need AAB which I understand, but lets say for example for my actual results I dint get that would they take me if i got BBB or ABC or whatever? And if your students studying at Anglia Ruskin for Optometry could you just reply and let me know if you or one of friends has received lower grades and still got into the course with/without a gap year to redo their exams? Sorry for long question just want to be specific.
Reply 1
ALWAYS check on the Uni's own website. - the UCAS website doesnt include all the details. about entry requirements.

Many Unis will still accept you if just miss the grades required in their offer, but this depends on how competitive the course is, how many other people get the grades required in full and therefore how many spaces there are to take 'near miss' offer holders to fill those spaces.

Useful reading
How to make your 5 choices - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/five-steps-to-making-your-five-uni-choices
How to Avoid 5 Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
ALWAYS check on the Uni's own website. - the UCAS website doesnt include all the details. about entry requirements.

Many Unis will still accept you if just miss the grades required in their offer, but this depends on how competitive the course is, how many other people get the grades required in full and therefore how many spaces there are to take 'near miss' offer holders to fill those spaces.

Useful reading
How to make your 5 choices - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/five-steps-to-making-your-five-uni-choices
How to Avoid 5 Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections

Thank you so much, so do you currently go to Anglia Ruskin
Original post by J_M205
Thank you so much, so do you currently go to Anglia Ruskin

Try posting on the Anglia Ruskin forum - the official reps might be able to help answer some of your questions:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=858
Original post by J_M205
Hi I'm a year 12 student I'm just wondering what grades i would need since i checked on UCAS and it says I need AAB which I understand, but lets say for example for my actual results I dint get that would they take me if i got BBB or ABC or whatever? And if your students studying at Anglia Ruskin for Optometry could you just reply and let me know if you or one of friends has received lower grades and still got into the course with/without a gap year to redo their exams? Sorry for long question just want to be specific.

Hi,

We’ll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about Optometry, or anything else about ARU 😊

In regard to entry requirements for this course, as on our Optometry webpage, the entry requirements are a guide only and decisions will be made for overall suitability of the course as well as meeting the minimum entry requirements. It would be best to discuss this with Dr Yvonne Norgett who is an Associate Professor in the faculty, or e-mail [email protected].

We do have currents students you can chat with online if you visit our Chat to our students or staff webpage. You can ask them anything about their experience with ARU from how they manage to balance university studies, to their course experiences. Our next Open Day is the 10 June if you want to come along and get to know the course, and speak with our student ambassadors in person :smile:

Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with,

Jemma
Reply 5
Original post by ARUOfficial
Hi,

We’ll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about Optometry, or anything else about ARU 😊

In regard to entry requirements for this course, as on our Optometry webpage, the entry requirements are a guide only and decisions will be made for overall suitability of the course as well as meeting the minimum entry requirements. It would be best to discuss this with Dr Yvonne Norgett who is an Associate Professor in the faculty, or e-mail [email protected].

We do have currents students you can chat with online if you visit our Chat to our students or staff webpage. You can ask them anything about their experience with ARU from how they manage to balance university studies, to their course experiences. Our next Open Day is the 10 June if you want to come along and get to know the course, and speak with our student ambassadors in person :smile:

Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with,

Jemma

Hi yeah will sure to do that so if i wanted to discuss with this with Dr Yvonne Norgett would i have to go to Anglia Ruskin or could i email
Original post by J_M205
Hi yeah will sure to do that so if i wanted to discuss with this with Dr Yvonne Norgett would i have to go to Anglia Ruskin or could i email

Hi,
On the webpage you can find her email address, or you can always email [email protected] with your queries or questions :smile:
Many thanks,
Jemma

Quick Reply

Latest