The Student Room Group

Need some advice on my route to medicine!

I made a post a few days ago about my results for AS, unfortunately they were not as I had hoped, but I know I can achieve better.
My results:

EPQ - A
Chemistry - C
Biology - D
Maths - D
Computer Science - C

Therefore I'm doing resits next year, but due to the risk of these resits I'm not sure to do the full 4 medical UCAS options and one other option, instead can I apply to say 2 medical school and then do 3 other options to other courses like Biomed Science or computer science for example as a back up plan and alternative access routes for medicine for the future? Or is this not possible?

Thanks
Reply 1
Why would you only apply for 2 medical schools, if you are going to apply go full out not half-hearted. Medicine is competitive as it is, restricting your options even more is just wasting an application. I would recommend you apply with a levels in hand because with your grades you are not going to get any interviews for medicine. As for keeping a back up option you have a 5th option just for that, and for computer science I cant imagine they would accept your personal statement as it is orientated around medicine. Applying to medicine after you have done a different degree is much more competitive, if medicine is your goal consider strongly how you are going to approach this, you still have time to recover smash your a levels and you will have a chance. Good luck.
Reply 2
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your results, I would make your main focus medicine if that's what you're passionate about. Remember you still have clearing too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending