The Student Room Group

Are these Maths GCSE Grade Boundaries legit? LEAKED?!

I recently found a link from Magical Maths which "posted" the "grade boundaries" for the June 2015 Maths Exams. Can someone please review this and confirm if this is actually true? I do realise that the grade boundaries will be officially posted on Wednesday, but this feels to good to be true!

Take a look at the link: http://www.magicalmaths.org/what-are-the-edexcel-gcse-linear-mathematics-1ma0-june-2015-grade-boundaries-and-mark-schemes/#comment-36112
Original post by stormblazer999
I recently found a link from Magical Maths which "posted" the "grade boundaries" for the June 2015 Maths Exams. Can someone please review this and confirm if this is actually true? I do realise that the grade boundaries will be officially posted on Wednesday, but this feels to good to be true!

Take a look at the link: http://www.magicalmaths.org/what-are-the-edexcel-gcse-linear-mathematics-1ma0-june-2015-grade-boundaries-and-mark-schemes/#comment-36112

This is a prediction & I think it's from 2014.

Not legit at all.
Original post by DaringDaniel
This is a prediction & I think it's from 2014.

Not legit at all.

Yes, I knew there was something fishy going on. Thanks for the reassurance.

And yes, you're right - they are the exact same grade boundaries extracted from Nov 2014.

Can a mod close this thread now?
Yes, I knew there was something fishy going on. Thanks for the reassurance.

And yes, you're right - they are the exact same grade boundaries extracted from Nov 2014.

Can a mod close this thread now?

Thanks for that my heart skipped a beat :biggrin:

Hopefully the actual grade boundaries are 1-3 down above.
Original post by DaringDaniel
Thanks for that my heart skipped a beat :biggrin:

Hopefully the actual grade boundaries are 1-3 down above.

Your heart may have only skipped a beat.... my heart almost had a heart attack. :eek:

Yeah, I agree with you, it really should be lower than most exams.

My PREDICTIONS:

158 - A*
132 - A
96 - B
57 - C
26 - D
These are last years boundaries. IMO C will drop to around 54/53, since a lot of people found it hard
Original post by missaxo
These are last years boundaries. IMO C will drop to around 54/53, since a lot of people found it hard

Yes, I recently found out that those were extracted from the November 2014 grade boundaries.

You might actually be right - the test was fairly challenging, especially at the end - so C-Graders might be relieved!
Yes, I recently found out that those were extracted from the November 2014 grade boundaries.

You might actually be right - the test was fairly challenging, especially at the end - so C-Graders might be relieved!

I mean if they don't lower the boundaries there will literally be like an uproar haaha
Original post by missaxo
I mean if they don't lower the boundaries there will literally be like an uproar haaha

LOL, I would love to see a riot of 10,000 students travelling across the whole of UK until they reach the Edexcel HQ and burn the building down...
Reply 9
LOL, I would love to see a riot of 10,000 students travelling across the whole of UK until they reach the Edexcel HQ and burn the building down...

:mob:
Edexcel have to drop the boundaries, no question about it.

Haha I'd love to see that.:fatcontroller:
If we're lucky, Edexcel will post the boundaries on their website at 12.01 tonight as they did with A-level.
As a person who sat GCSE maths a year early and got an A, I would love to see Edexcel raise their boundaries this year. The mathematics standards in this country are far too low, dishing out C grades to people who get 30% of the marks on today's easy papers seems wrong. I know they decide the grade boundaries based on the marks obtained by the students, but something eventually has to be done.
Reply 14
Original post by Pi=3.1415
As a person who sat GCSE maths a year early and got an A, I would love to see Edexcel raise their boundaries this year. The mathematics standards in this country are far too low, dishing out C grades to people who get 30% of the marks on today's easy papers seems wrong. I know they decide the grade boundaries based on the marks obtained by the students, but something eventually has to be done.

of course you'd love to see the grade boundaries be raised, you didn't do the exam and you're a selfish little tw*t.
if you was sitting this exam you certainly wouldn't be saying that, hypocrite.
Reply 15
Original post by Pi=3.1415

oh would you look at that: http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/1506-GCSE-Grade-Boundaries.pdf

go to sleep boyyy hahahahahahaha

they are legit
These grade boundaries are legit. Edexcel have posted them on their website, 125 for an A... 155 for an A*... The miracle has begun!!

Original post by Jeffrey16
they are legit

They actually were as well 😂😂

Edexcel Grade Boundaries - http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/1506-GCSE-Grade-Boundaries.pdf
Guys, the maths grade boundaries! Praise the lord! 155 for an a*?! Are you kidding me? Hell yes! 125 for an a? Pinch me, im dreaming.

Quick Reply

Latest