The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE English Language Result

Was anyone else surprised with their IGCSE English Language result? I got full marks for coursework throughout year 10 and year 11, 1 mark off an A* for speaking and listening and got an A overall. I did feel like I messed up question 1 on the exam, but I don't think I lost that many marks overall. I wouldn't really be bothered if this was another subject, but I want to study English at a top university, so it does bother me a bit. Loads of other people in my year who were expected Bs got Ds and even some A/A* students got low Cs. I can't speak to my exams officer about it at all because my actual mark wasn't on my exam report, so I have to ask the English department about it on the first day back. Anyone else surprised at all?
Yeah ended up getting a B when I was predicted an a*, 1 away from a* on my coursework aswell, so annoyed
Reply 2
Original post by missaxo
Yeah ended up getting a B when I was predicted an a*, 1 away from a* on my coursework aswell, so annoyed

I'm sorry, is your school appealing? I know mine is, my English department were in tears on results day. People are saying that apparently there was a lack of examiners and a lot of papers were marked in a rush :/
Original post by LanaDelReys
I'm sorry, is your school appealing? I know mine is, my English department were in tears on results day. People are saying that apparently there was a lack of examiners and a lot of papers were marked in a rush :/

It's alright, I'm not sure! My English teachers weren't there hahahaha, hope you get the result you want :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending