The Student Room Group

Recommend me a AS and A2 Revision guide for OCR A Level Biology.

Used a CPG one this year and it simply was not enough. I need something more in-depth. Also, if its under £20 that would be helpful also :smile:
Original post by .Vanessa.
Used a CPG one this year and it simply was not enough. I need something more in-depth. Also, if its under £20 that would be helpful also :smile:

The CPG is the obvious textbook to get since it is OCR endorsed and it will contain everything you'll need for your exams. However, if you want to do a little extra reading on some of the topics, your best bet is to simply doing some reading online. You could also ask your teacher for their recommendation.

I would caution against buying a different textbook. Some may contain information in much more depth than you are required to know (which can be good, but also stressful). Others may contain a large proportion of information which isn't on your syllabus, making the purchase rather useless and you would be better off simply going to your local library to rent the book.
Reply 2
Original post by Eloades11
The CPG is the obvious textbook to get since it is OCR endorsed and it will contain everything you'll need for your exams. However, if you want to do a little extra reading on some of the topics, your best bet is to simply doing some reading online. You could also ask your teacher for their recommendation.

I would caution against buying a different textbook. Some may contain information in much more depth than you are required to know (which can be good, but also stressful). Others may contain a large proportion of information which isn't on your syllabus, making the purchase rather useless and you would be better off simply going to your local library to rent the book.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending