The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

AAAD at AS. Can I still get into Warwick?

I'm interested in applying to Warwick for history but I got a D in one of my ASs and I am wondering whether this will affect my application. I also have an EPQ as well.
Are you dropping that subject? If you are then it won't at all be an issue
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Depends what subject you're doing. I know that for some courses Warwick actually specifies that you need above a certain grade in the AS level that you drop before A2, on top of good A2 grades.

Check, but if there's no requirement for that and you have good predicated grades, I'd say hopefully you're alright :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you drop the D subject then it should be fine, Warwick generally ask for AAA/AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, they don't look at EPQ, I did it and it was pointless really although I did learn research skills and all that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I think you will be fine - my friend applied with AABD ( after dropping the D) and she got an offer for law
Original post by Alexnnadi
I'm interested in applying to Warwick for history but I got a D in one of my ASs and I am wondering whether this will affect my application. I also have an EPQ as well.

Your fine! Most courses, unless your doing medicine, don't specify an AS grade :biggrin:
Law specifies an AS grade too, I think. But as an above poster has proved, it's not totally rigid. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I got AAAD last year, and got an offer and firmed it from Warwick for law, so its fine
Reply 9
As long as you drop the D subject it's fine - they care about what you'll achieve at A2.

Quick Reply

Latest