The Student Room Group

Textbook for Computer Sciencce

Can you guys recommend me a good book for CIE AS and A Level COMPUTER SCIENCE. Its a new subject introduced by Cambridge so there is no book endorsed by Cambridge on their site. Some books are suggested by teachers but they are for A level "Computing" and I want a book which covers the course for computer science.
Why not start the course and get a feel for the content. Then you can browse suggested books to see if they fit your requirements. Your tutors may have a few books which you can flick though before committing to a purchase.

Good luck!
Original post by Ali Shah Shehzad
Can you guys recommend me a good book for CIE AS and A Level COMPUTER SCIENCE. Its a new subject introduced by Cambridge so there is no book endorsed by Cambridge on their site. Some books are suggested by teachers but they are for A level "Computing" and I want a book which covers the course for computer science.

Hi there, we are using the CCR syllabus for our Computer Science course, but would recommend the OCR textbook for anyone studying Computer Science as it is very informative - I have put a link to the book on amazon below :smile:

Hope it helps and good luck with your studies

A level Computer Science Text Book

Matt
I never knew Hodder Education published a book for computer science. I'm definitely buying it.
Thank you.
Original post by Ali Shah Shehzad
I never knew Hodder Education published a book for computer science. I'm definitely buying it.
Thank you.

Happy to help - good luck with your studies :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending