The Student Room Group

Preparing for diagnostic radiography

Hi everyone, in the summer I’m wanting to get everything I need for uni prepared but I’m not sure exactly what I’m going to need - I’m going to study diagnostic radiography at Bradford for context.
Will I need a laptop for this course? I’ll be living at home where I have a computer but will I need to bring in a laptop to lectures or will pen and paper be fine?
Will I need to buy any textbooks in advance or will we be told what to buy once we’re there?

Thanks for your help!
I doubt you'll need a laptop in lectures. You will 100% need a computer for assignments and online lectures, but you've said you've got one at home. The university library will also have loads of computers so you can log on and do stuff whilst you're on campus.

Regarding textbooks, there will be some "key" books that you will be recommended once you start the course, mainly anatomy, physics and imaging. When you know, it'll be worth looking online for 2nd hand ones as they're a *lot* cheaper than buying from new. They'll all be available online in the library as well.
Reply 2
Original post by HellomynameisNev
I doubt you'll need a laptop in lectures. You will 100% need a computer for assignments and online lectures, but you've said you've got one at home. The university library will also have loads of computers so you can log on and do stuff whilst you're on campus.

Regarding textbooks, there will be some "key" books that you will be recommended once you start the course, mainly anatomy, physics and imaging. When you know, it'll be worth looking online for 2nd hand ones as they're a *lot* cheaper than buying from new. They'll all be available online in the library as well.

Thank you so much, it was stressing me out not having a clue what I need and they felt like stupid questions to ask!

Quick Reply

Latest