The Student Room Group

Will a predicted A Level grade ever be less than your AS?

If I got AAAB for AS (I'm dropping the B) am I going to be predicted anything less than AAA for A2? I'm sure I'll be predicted As in two because I got 90% UMS, but I only got 164 UMS in the other (art), is there any chance they'll predict me a B?
Reply 1
Original post by cakeislife
If I got AAAB for AS (I'm dropping the B) am I going to be predicted anything less than AAA for A2? I'm sure I'll be predicted As in two because I got 90% UMS, but I only got 164 UMS in the other (art), is there any chance they'll predict me a B?

I doubt it, they have no reason to deduce you'd do worse next year

I think that would be really unlikely - and if they did, I'd recommend raising the issue, because you're unlikely to do worse next year, particularly as you'll have one less subject to worry about. As you got 90% UMS in two (?) you might even be predicted A*s, though possibly not if you scraped the 90% boundary.
Reply 3
Original post by doctorwhofan98
I think that would be really unlikely - and if they did, I'd recommend raising the issue, because you're unlikely to do worse next year, particularly as you'll have one less subject to worry about. As you got 90% UMS in two (?) you might even be predicted A*s, though possibly not if you scraped the 90% boundary.

I got 186 and 184 ums in the other two, although I'm not too botherered about being predicted A*s (I need AAA for universities) I'm only worried because the A2 art grade boundaries are like 77/80 and I only got 75 this year
Reply 4
I got 186 and 184 ums in the other two, although I'm not too botherered about being predicted A*s (I need AAA for universities) I'm only worried because the A2 art grade boundaries are like 77/80 and I only got 75 this year

Boundaries change all the time. They will base your prediction on your AS performance, UNLESS your performance drops during Y13, prior to them finalising your predictions.

Quick Reply

Latest