The Student Room Group

could i apply to med Oxbridge w gcses 9999888877 or would the 7s drag me down?woul

the careers advisor at my school said i should have a bank of 9s and 8s but i have 2 7s in art and german, i was wondering how much they would hold me back
Original post by Anonymous
the careers advisor at my school said i should have a bank of 9s and 8s but i have 2 7s in art and german, i was wondering how much they would hold me back

They won't care about your 2 7s, especially as they aren't relevant to med. They don't even want people with straight 9s. As long as you got 8/9 in sciences and maths you are fine! Also as a note - Cambridge doesn't really look at gcses, oxford does a bit more but ultimately they're both more interested in your predicted a level grades and interviews.
Reply 2
Great to see other Medics! Good luck!
Original post by Anonymous

they wouldn't generally hold you back. both unis look at the bmat the most when selecting for interviews for med. ( oxford wants higher bmat scores than Cambridge because oxford interviews less people). the only time your gcses could ever hold you back is if you are in a tie breaker situation where your predicted grades and bmat scores is the same with another applicant, they might look at your gcse scores to differentiate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending