The Student Room Group

anyone else really losing motivation?

im currently in year 12, studying alevels, and have just completed mocks. i feel really hopeless atm. i have completely lost motivation and because of that my mock grades really weren't good, and were quite severely below my target grades. is anyone else going through this too? if you have been through this before, have you got any advice? i really feel like giving up, but obviously want to come out of alevels with good grades. idk i feel like everything is overwhelming at this point. sorry i dont mean to vent i just wanted to see if anyone else is going through anything like this, so that we might be able to help motivate each other, as i feel pretty alone rn <33
Reply 1
I don’t know if this helps or not…but I have a BSc and MSc BUT a-levels were waaaay harder. I’ve never had to remember so much info in my life 😣😩 Remind yourself that this is the hardest it will prob ever get. Uni is just mostly essays which are a lot easier than memorising mountains of crap. Once you are over this mountain the rest is pretty easy sailing.
Reply 2
Original post by Kay7475
I don’t know if this helps or not…but I have a BSc and MSc BUT a-levels were waaaay harder. I’ve never had to remember so much info in my life 😣😩 Remind yourself that this is the hardest it will prob ever get. Uni is just mostly essays which are a lot easier than memorising mountains of crap. Once you are over this mountain the rest is pretty easy sailing.
thank you so much! it does help actually - its nice to know that once a-levels are over it does get easier. thank you for giving me some hope :-)
Original post by s3r3nn
thank you so much! it does help actually - its nice to know that once a-levels are over it does get easier. thank you for giving me some hope :-)

It's okay to have periods of time where you feel unmotivated. Sometimes all you need is a short break. You say you want to come out of A-Levels with good grades - let that be your motivation.

If you feel overwhelmed, make a plan or a to-do list. It might seem like you have lots of tasks but think about the fact you still have time to turn things around.

Also, check this thread out: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7443741
Reply 4
Original post by 5hyl33n
It's okay to have periods of time where you feel unmotivated. Sometimes all you need is a short break. You say you want to come out of A-Levels with good grades - let that be your motivation.

If you feel overwhelmed, make a plan or a to-do list. It might seem like you have lots of tasks but think about the fact you still have time to turn things around.

Also, check this thread out: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7443741
thank you so much, ill have a look :-)
Original post by s3r3nn
thank you so much, ill have a look :-)
im in year 13 and feel the exact same unfortunately, but a levels will pass for both of us soon enough
Original post by s3r3nn
im currently in year 12, studying alevels, and have just completed mocks. i feel really hopeless atm. i have completely lost motivation and because of that my mock grades really weren't good, and were quite severely below my target grades. is anyone else going through this too? if you have been through this before, have you got any advice? i really feel like giving up, but obviously want to come out of alevels with good grades. idk i feel like everything is overwhelming at this point. sorry i dont mean to vent i just wanted to see if anyone else is going through anything like this, so that we might be able to help motivate each other, as i feel pretty alone rn <33
Don't worry its normal to feel like that I'm going through it to you just need discipline over motivation at this time.
Revise what you like best out of your a-level choices but choose the most difficult topics so you still make progress but have some motivation.

Try working in smaller bursts like 30m on 5m off.

Do some extra work for your teachers and redo your mock questions so your predicted may be changed by them for your work ethic and the likely hood you will improve.

Find the moments you revise best and stick to them.

Try easier less intense revision methods like some wider reading before doing heavy topics

? Hope this helps! Sorry its so long though.

Quick Reply

Latest