The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ethereal
VB, this is a better example of someone who just doesn't get it. Shall we gang up on him? :p:

HIM?!

Ah hem, no chance siree bob.
Reply 41
Visiting_Babylon
HIM?!

Ah hem, no chance siree bob.

Yes, Wokz is a him
Reply 42
How can you be sure?
Reply 43
Serenity
How can you be sure?

Well, the little m/f symbol says male so if it turns out wokz is female it's his/hers own stupid fault for picking male :p:
Reply 44
Maybe.. Wokz is a transexual and he just rolled a dice?
Reply 45
Serenity
Maybe.. Wokz is a transexual and he just rolled a dice?

Then I'll rely on his/her representation and call him him :p:
Ethereal
Yes, Wokz is a him

Ahhhh... said the dental victim...

I thought you were referring to moi. Maybe I should just roll over and expose my belly right now? Slacking!
Reply 47
Visiting_Babylon
Ahhhh... said the dental victim...

I thought you were referring to moi. Maybe I should just roll over and expose my belly right now? Slacking!

Isn't that a dog's trick ? :-s!
Reply 48
Ethereal
Then I'll rely on his/her representation and call him him :p:

So would you be aiding his false representation?
Reply 49
Serenity
So would you be aiding his false representation?

Not at all. I would be exercising my right to rely on it.
Reply 50
Ethereal
Not at all. I would be exercising my right to rely on it.

Even though you were 100% sure that that representation was false since an oracle (ie. Me) told you so?
Ethereal
Isn't that a dog's trick ? :-s!

Dear oh dear Eth... Tongue on one's baggy cheek!
I think the GCSE maths thing arises because gucci has dyscalculia (can't remember the spelling.... dyslexia with numbers really). Therefore, to argue that they are thick because they can't pass GCSE maths is a little harsh.

Also I do think there is some merit in the points that students do generally have better teaching and work harder these days. But, only to a point. A-levels are getting easier - although not to the extent which the press seems determined to make them out to be!~
Well sorry to quote the prof again, but he reckons they're predictable, and have been for some time. He is more of an authority than anyone on TSR.
fundamentally
And these able people cant even pass GCSE maths ? :eek:

they can be. take me for example, I cannot pass gcse maths because I have no ability when it comes to maths at all but when it comes to other areas there arn't many people who can even come close to me. I don't mean to come across as arrogant but when it comes to verbal intelligence etc my IQ is in the top 1% of the population (whereas my mathmatical ability in the the very bottom few %). I could come out (not saying i will but for examples sake) with a first class degree in law but still be unable to pass GCSE maths. does that make me able or not?
Reply 55
guccilittlepiggy
they can be. take me for example, I cannot pass gcse maths because I have no ability when it comes to maths at all but when it comes to other areas there arn't many people who can even come close to me. I don't mean to come across as arrogant but when it comes to verbal intelligence etc my IQ is in the top 1% of the population (whereas my mathmatical ability in the the very bottom few %). I could come out (not saying i will but for examples sake) with a first class degree in law but still be unable to pass GCSE maths. does that make me able or not?

Sadly, it might bite you in the arse on the LPC/BVC
Ethereal
Sadly, it might bite you in the arse on the LPC/BVC

how come?
Reply 57
guccilittlepiggy
how come?

LPC has closed book accounting exams
how about the BVC?
Reply 59
guccilittlepiggy
how about the BVC?